AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Fullmetal Alchemist (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Discussion/Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93506)

White Manju Bun 2010-05-02 04:26

Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Discussion/Poll
 
Welcome to the discussion thread for Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Episode 55.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

lonewolf777 2010-05-02 04:45

Izumi = win

quigonkenny 2010-05-02 05:01

He's baaack... ^_____________^
Spoiler for 55:

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf777 (Post 3031050)
Izumi = win

Ah, finally something we all agree on. ^_^

lonewolf777 2010-05-02 05:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by quigonkenny (Post 3031058)
Ah, finally something we all agree on. ^_^

Well, forgive me for endorsing my own opinion, but I think it'd be difficult not to agree with that :D

zebra 2010-05-02 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf777 (Post 3031050)
Izumi = win

That sums up, why I'm so hyper about this episode XD

Now waiting for the subs ....

klare 2010-05-02 12:54

this may be the first time that Ed and Al have less than 10 lines of dialog, even added together...

nice ending again

Vicious108 2010-05-02 13:53

I don't think Izumi = win. She's your typical and generic "brutal master who abuses her apprentices but actually cares a lot about them" and her housewife gimmick got old pretty quickly. Not to mention it's hard to care about her when she completely dropped off the face of the plot after her little arc. Since she gets such a big role as one of the human sacrifices later on, I think Arakawa should've spent some more time on her to make her a little more interesting.

But hey that's just me. I still enjoy what she does in this episode, though I haven't seen it yet. I'm more stocked for you-know-who's return though.

kitten320 2010-05-02 14:15

Izumi made them do exactly what she did, but gave them more help considering the age difference.

Besides so far she kicks far more asses than anyone. Her entrance simply put Armstrongs to shame.
So yeh, Izumi is a win :p

Now I can't wait for great Bradley fight as well as Greed VS Bradley re-match :p

Oh! And I loved how Hoenheim had opened the door in that wall which was supposed to smash him :D

Man... so many great things are happening and now I can't choose on which character I want signature and avatar more -_-

Oh! And I just had to do this!


P.S. Lack of screen time somehow adds more interest to her. Since she is basicly the only one of whom we don't know much. Atleast that's how it works for me.

GaimeGuy 2010-05-02 14:18

yes. The return of the badass :D

kitten320 2010-05-02 14:23

Ah! I also liked Izumi's entrance in anime more^^
The way she had created the fist of wall and knocked Sloth out of the way was epic. But was even better is when she opened the door and threw out those dolls like trash :heh:

lonewolf777 2010-05-02 14:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 3031560)
I don't think Izumi = win. She's your typical and generic "brutal master who abuses her apprentices but actually cares a lot about them" and her housewife gimmick got old pretty quickly. Not to mention it's hard to care about her when she completely dropped off the face of the plot after her little arc. Since she gets such a big role as one of the human sacrifices later on, I think Arakawa should've spent some more time on her to make her a little more interesting.

Fair enough, I suppose. Still, I always liked the master characters, and their brutality to their 'idiot apprentices' always made me laugh. Lol... she owned a bear by herself - that's pretty frikkin sweet. But I would think that being a supporting character adds more to her charm; in other words, I think that Arakawa gave the right amount of her - not too much to make her redundant and enough to establish her as a cool character.

PS: I'm not sure if this is the case, but you might be better off using spoiler tags for some of that, if you know what I mean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 3031587)
Izumi made them do exactly what she did, but gave them more help considering the age difference.

Besides so far she kicks far more asses than anyone. Her entrance simply put Armstrongs to shame.

Hey, I would debate her entrance putting Armstrong's to shame.... that's a technique that's been passed down the Armstrong line for generations XD (plus, he DID save his sister in doing so).

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320
So yeh, Izumi is a win :p

Isn't she though? Can't mess with Sensei. I like that Sig has more of a combat role here as well, as in the first anime, he was just kind of silent and supporting Izumi by being there and not much else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320
Now I can't wait for great Bradley fight as well as Greed VS Bradley re-match :p

Oh! And I loved how Hoenheim had opened the door in that wall which was supposed to smash him :D

Man... so many great things are happening and now I can't choose on which character I want signature and avatar more -_-

This might also need a spoiler tag..... not sure, though.


Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320
P.S. Lack of screen time somehow adds more interest to her. Since she is basicly the only one of whom we don't know much. Atleast that's how it works for me.

Yeah, I agree... the mystique factor. We got a taste of how much tail she kicks, but we don't know enough about her to make her a main character - I think it's a nice touch to make the readers enticed by her.

Shiroth 2010-05-02 14:46

Whenever Izumi is one screen it's instant win for me, though this episode belonged to Alex and Sig, as their scene was plenty epic. There's also Bradley's return which gave me shivers, especially the build up to it. Next weeks episode looks like it'll be off the chart in terms of animation, so can't wait for that.

kitten320 2010-05-02 14:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by lonewolf777 (Post 3031631)
Hey, I would debate her entrance putting Armstrong's to shame.... that's a technique that's been passed down the Armstrong line for generations XD (plus, he DID save his sister in doing so).

I meant both Alex and Olivier :p
But then again they both had killed Sloth many times before that, so they make for it^^

Quote:

Isn't she though? Can't mess with Sensei. I like that Sig has more of a combat role here as well, as in the first anime, he was just kind of silent and supporting Izumi by being there and not much else.
Yeh, it is good to see that he plays bigger role in this series :)

Quote:

This might also need a spoiler tag..... not sure, though.
I really doub that. Episode ended with Bradle's entrance and preview clearly showed who he is gona fight :)

Quote:

Yeah, I agree... the mystique factor. We got a taste of how much tail she kicks, but we don't know enough about her to make her a main character - I think it's a nice touch to make the readers enticed by her.
Yep, same here^^

lonewolf777 2010-05-02 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 3031644)
I meant both Alex and Olivier :p
But then again they both had killed Sloth many times before that, so they make for it^^

Yeah, that's true. And you know, he might be a big dumb oaf, but Sloth seems like he's tougher than the rest of the homunculi. I mean
Spoiler for stuff:



Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320
I really doub that. Episode ended with Bradle's entrance and preview clearly showed who he is gona fight :)


Ah, sou da ze. I didn't see the end yet, so I'll take your word for it.

kitten320 2010-05-02 15:24

Yeh have to agree. It is like if he was killed over and over without stop yet he still was moving. Probably because in comparison to others he never really fought before so he had kept all his lifes :)

lonewolf777 2010-05-02 15:26

Makes sense. Also, it could be that because he's so slow (mentally, not physically, obviously) he doesn't realize when stuff is hurting until it's too late...... he doesn't even realize he's died until 5 minutes after he revives :D

Kanon 2010-05-02 15:52

http://i39.tinypic.com/k0288h.gif

MY MUSCLES GREW A THOUSAND FOLD WATCHING THIS EPISODE. As amazing as Izumi and Bradley were in this episode, the Alex/Sig meeting totally stole the show and was as awesome and hilarious as I thought it would be. This is the start of the manliest bromance in history.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/3066/bromance.gif

saravis 2010-05-02 18:08

If there is one word that can define this episode its GAR. First we have Hohennheim's casual, but totally awesome display of alchemy. Then we have more Alex awesomeness, but thats then put to shame by an ever greater garness that is Sig. Then that was put to shame by the ultimate garness of those two combined. Then we end with the cherry on top, that is King Bradley's return.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endless Twilight (Post 3031560)
I don't think Izumi = win. She's your typical and generic "brutal master who abuses her apprentices but actually cares a lot about them" and her housewife gimmick got old pretty quickly. Not to mention it's hard to care about her when she completely dropped off the face of the plot after her little arc. Since she gets such a big role as one of the human sacrifices later on, I think Arakawa should've spent some more time on her to make her a little more interesting.

While I agree that her character is typical and in some respects generic, I disagree that thats a bad thing. She's your typical tough love mentor, who's brutal to her apprentices only because she knows that if they make it through her training, they will be all the stronger for when the real tough times come. An old Spartan quote put it best, "Training is bloodless war, and war is bloody training." Of course she has faith in them that they have what it takes. As she said in this episode, she considers the boys family. Perhaps even to the extent she considers them like children of her own.

As to her "housewife" gimmick. While I don't completely understand where she's coming from with that, it seems to me its her way of presenting herself humbly because of past mistakes as well as a designation of what she truly desires. In many respects that "gimmick" is the defining of her character, that you say that she lacks.

Just my thoughts on her

germanturkey 2010-05-02 18:13

so many sparklies this episode. haha. we finally get the badassness of King Bradley.

DragoZERO 2010-05-02 22:02

Awesome episode. Izumi definitely took the cake this time. I hope we get to see some more fighting from her at some point. But when Bradley was walking towards the wall, I would snipe him right in the head. That sure would deter his subordinates.

Anyway, next episode should be good.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.