AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Suggestions (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   action with good story and good animation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93755)

raduccio 2010-05-11 13:12

action with good story and good animation

Hi guys! Like the title sais, I'm looking for an action anime with good story and good animation.

I already saw most of the good mechs (code geass, eureka 7, fmp, gurenn, rahxephon) and some fantasy genre (elfen lied, kaze no stigma, index, railgun, shana, tsubasa) and I was wondering if there were more like these out there.

Quancio 2010-05-11 13:21

Seirei no Moribito - fantasy with good story and great animation

As for mecha I'll recommend Zegapain

Rest is for action and superpowers

Darker than Black
Xam'd
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

Konakaga 2010-05-11 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quancio (Post 3043760)

Darker than Black

I'll second both of those and say Canaan for mystery/action/gun.
Maybe Angel Beats also.

JRendell 2010-05-11 14:46

Isekai no Seikishi Monogatari - Great animation, great fights, great characters.
Spoiler for Synopsis:

grylsyjaeger 2010-05-12 05:25

I'll second Xam'd and Canaan.

Maybe even the Macross series. SDF-1 and Frontier being my favourites. Macross Zero has some brutal combat scenes, one scene especially when a Variable Fighter tears it's way into a Carrier and uses the nose mounted vulcan cannon on the sailors inside.

*shudder*

Sackett 2010-05-12 08:13

Katanagatari?

I don't see Fullmetal Alchemist on your list. That should be rectified.

Crest of the Stars would be good.

Read Or Die

Soul Eater

Chrome Shelled Regios

raduccio 2010-05-12 12:59

Thanks guys. It looks like I have more than I can handle now!

I will check them out.

synaesthetic 2010-05-12 13:08

you should watch drrr!!

DragoZERO 2010-05-12 14:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quancio (Post 3043760)

As for mecha I'll recommend Zegapain

Rest is for action and superpowers

Darker than Black
Xam'd
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode

I will second Seriei no Moribito & Darker than Black. Both had great characters, plot, and the action was really sweet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fallschirmjager (Post 3044778)
I'll second Xam'd and Canaan.

Maybe even the Macross series. SDF-1 and Frontier being my favourites. Macross Zero has some brutal combat scenes, one scene especially when a Variable Fighter tears it's way into a Carrier and uses the nose mounted vulcan cannon on the sailors inside.

*shudder*

I third Xam'd, that series was great. I couldn't stop watching it and I ended up watching it inside a few days. The music is superb, animation is movie-level, and the characters are terrific. I also second Macross, they were all awesome in every category.

Full Metal Coast 2010-05-13 01:47

if you are after a really good action series you should give Black Lagoon a try.

Plasma. 2010-05-13 22:49

Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop, Outlaw Star, Black lagoon, Full Metal Panic and Full Metal Alchemist are some good ones i think you'll enjoy.

You'll probably end up watching all of them in the end since they are not worth missing. I'd say start off with Cowboy Bebop, one of the best anime ever.