Looking for multiple genres
Okay, so I'm looking for animes with the following few types of developments/genre.
1) An anime with lots of fighting(with mystical powers or something is preferred), main character grows stronger as the story progresses(something like MAR, Naruto, Bleach, KHR) / main character is already very strong(Something like Kazuma from Kaze No Stigma, Hei from DTB). Main thing here is that it has to be very addictive, like how you want to keep watching the next episode. A series that is completed is preferred, though I wouldn't mind watching ongoing as well.
2) Mecha series. (GS/D, 00, TTGL etc.)
3) Romance, high school life. (MUST HAVE KISSING SCENES :D)
1) Main character grows stronger as the story progresses:
1) Main character is already very strong:
Samurai Champloo (no mystical powers here)
Tetsuwan Birdy Decode
Kara No Kyoukai
I guess you can try Guin Saga aswell.
Macross Frontier and Zegapain and Full Metal Panic I guess.
Yu Yu Hakusho
One Piece !?
Seconded Macross Frontier
Bokura ga Ita
School Days (eh..)
Kimikiss Pure Rouge
1) grows stronger: Hunter x Hunter, Yu yu hakusho, Law of ueki, bounen no xamdou, eureka 7
already strong: Golgo 13, Hellsing.
I'll second HSD Kenichi when it comes to developing main characters.
Other good ones I can think of would defenitely be Hajime no Ippo, defenitely had me addicted, think I watched both series in around a week, but yeah it was summer... No mystical stuff but the realism is part of what attracted me.
You've probably already looked at it but it sounds like One Piece fits what your looking for exactly. Luffy is always getting stronger and depending on how you look at it he starts out strong. It's also highly addicting, got me even more than Ippo, I'm a sucker for these addicting shows xD
As for anime where the main character is already strong I'd go for Berserk and Samurai Champloo, not much mystical, just good sword fights I guess.
Don't watch much mecha and I tend to stay away from high school romance anime so nothing else, sorry ^^'
Second the Full Metal Panic! series, it fits ALL three of the anime types you're looking for
And also Macross Frontier (minus high school life)
For #1 I'll toss out Koukaku no Regios. Main character is totally kickass, only he's trying to escape from his warrior past. So there isn't a succession of even-bigger-opponents, it's more about him dealing with the expectations and limits of those around him.
For something a bit off the beaten path try Toaru Majutsu no Index. The mystical powers are pretty distinctive. I'd say it comes closest to Kaze no Stigma, with a more modern feel. Fer instance, the girl nicknamed Railgun has an arsenal that consists of pocket change and the ability to manipulate electricity. Good stuff.
Hmm okay, I got started with Kenichi and so far I'm liking it, a bit sad to see how such an awesome anime is barely heard of. Keep those suggestions coming :D
1) For the growing stronger thing: Shounen Onmiyouji. One of my all time faves.
2) Lil gem in the mecha world: Innocent Venus
Okay, I would like to add in another type of development that I'm looking for is that the main character has a split personality/another being inside him. Think Shiki/Nanaya from Tsukihime, Ichigo/Hichigo from Bleach, Naruto/Kyuubi from Naruto.
and...I NEED MOAR ROMANCE T.T
2.) RAHXEPHON!!! Greatest mech anime imo. Also heavily focused upon romance, but in a good way.
3.) EF- a tale of memories and melodies
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.