AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Dragon Crisis! (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95386)

NeoSam 2010-07-12 02:53

Dragon Crisis!
 
The shounen(boy's) light novel series Dragon Crisis! by Kizaki Kaya (author) and Akata Itsuki (illustrator) will be getting a TV anime adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20100712

ドラゴンクライシス!
Dragon Crisis!

Official anime site:
http://dragoncrisis.jp/

少年向け小説(ライトノベル).
Shounen light novel series (light novel series for boys).

The light novel series is published under the shounen light novel label Super Dash Bunko.
Currently there are 11 volumes released of this light novel series.

Covers:



Author: Kizaki Kaya
Illustrator: Akata Itsuki

Super Dash Bunko's page for the light novel series:
http://dash.shueisha.co.jp/-dc/

Genre: Shounen, Comedy, Action, Romance

Info about the light novel series here:
http://lightnoveldb.com/wiki/Dragon_Crisis

Mizuno 2010-07-12 03:21

Those eyes look like a bottomless pit...

Bonta Kun 2010-07-12 08:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 3135551)
Those eyes look like a bottomless pit...

Yea they are very bottomless but well I like the looks of the characters and guessing it's about dragons so count me in!

Shiroth 2010-07-12 08:50

There's a little summary of the series over on ANN's page with the announcement that it'll be getting a TV series adaptation.

Rather like what i'm hearing of it. I'm all for this.

Jarmel 2010-07-12 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3135872)
Rather like what i'm hearing of it. I'm all for this.

I certainly don't. I'm all for execution over originality but this doesn't even seem like the author is trying.

CeDeR 2010-07-12 12:30

uhhhh... i just had a dragonaut flashback, that cant be good.

Midonin 2010-07-12 12:40

That's a pretty flimsy basis for worry. Dragons are such a common fantastic element that any two series involving them can be at radically opposite ends of the scale.

Kunagisa 2010-07-12 13:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarmel (Post 3136085)
I certainly don't. I'm all for execution over originality but this doesn't even seem like the author is trying.

At first I agreed with this, then I went ahead to the wiki entry (couldn't resist), and ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3135872)
Rather like what i'm hearing of it. I'm all for this.

I tend to agree with this as well. The author definitely is trying with how he "built" the world, and unlike the ANN comments, I don't think the novel is filled with just moe nonsense/fanservice. I probably won't bother with the LN but this can (a stretch still) be decent if the fights are choregraphied and animated nicely.

Can't say I'm a fan of the character design either though.

Velsy 2010-07-14 18:02

I've aways wanted to see an anime where a person can shapechange into a real dragon. This may not be it, but I will keep my fingers Crossed o_O

Washi 2010-07-15 19:16

In case no one else heard, the key staff have been announced for this series:

Director: Tachibana Hideki (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ )
Screenplay: Kurata Hideyuki (Kamichu! R.O.D)
Character Design/Supervising Animation Director: Ishihama Masashi (Anim. Dir for the Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Studio: DEEN

Other than the last part, I was kind of curious about how it would turn out with this staff lineup. But DEEN are capable of good stuff if they have the money to spend. But really, I don't expect anything beyond mediocre for this anime, production-wise.

Angrypokstick 2010-07-15 19:23

i was not a big fan of this novel. but i will give this anime a chance.

Jarmel 2010-07-19 00:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Washi (Post 3142347)
In case no one else heard, the key staff have been announced for this series:

Director: Tachibana Hideki (H2O ~Footprints in the Sand~ )
Screenplay: Kurata Hideyuki (Kamichu! R.O.D)
Character Design/Supervising Animation Director: Ishihama Masashi (Anim. Dir for the Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Studio: DEEN

Other than the last part, I was kind of curious about how it would turn out with this staff lineup. But DEEN are capable of good stuff if they have the money to spend. But really, I don't expect anything beyond mediocre for this anime, production-wise.

I might give this a chance because of Deen. Their writing is a bit subpar but they certainly can animate if they have the dough so who knows.

AnimeFan188 2010-07-19 12:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velsy (Post 3140426)
I've aways wanted to see an anime where a person can shapechange into a real dragon. This may not be it, but I will keep my fingers Crossed o_O

Have you seen Dragonaut yet? I hope Dragon Crisis! has a better ending than
*that* show did.....

NeoSam 2010-07-19 15:06

I wonder if the light novel series will also be getting a manga adaptation... If it does it will most likely get serialized in Jump Square or Ultra Jump... well, that's where most other manga adaptations of Super Dash Bunko light novels got serialized in...

kyouray 2010-10-29 17:02

Website is online : http://dragoncrisis.jp/
with a short trailer :

It looks nice. Even if it's Deen we can expect something pleasant with R.O.D staff (Masashi Ishihama & Hideyuki Kurata).

Midonin 2010-10-29 17:07

Looks like the cast is the same of the drama CD. Kugimiya and Shimono in the lead roles, with the supporting cast filled out by Yuka Inokuchi, Yui Horie, Yukana and....Mayoko Nigo, who I have not seen in much.

Genjo 2010-10-30 12:48

Dragons+girls = MUST WATCH!!?! :D

Dr. Casey 2010-11-22 14:00

Dragon Crisis looks like a good show. That trailer made my ears bleed, but I liked it anyway for some reason. The music's unique.

ars89 2010-11-22 18:29

well after seeing the trailer and reading the wiki, i'm in, now just have to wait and see

Midonin 2010-11-22 20:01

The OP will be by Yui Horie, Maruga's voice and all around famous person. Last time she had a solo ED was Kanamemo, so it's been a while.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:21.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.