AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Bleach (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Bleach Episode 285 Discussion Thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=96844)

monir 2010-08-24 04:06

Good morning ladies and gentlemen! Can you smell what Kubo is cooking? The follow up question would be.... Does it smell bad? :heh: I'm sorry guys, but it seems I've hardly anything good to say about Bleach these days. The lack of gorgeously animated episodes also doesn't help the cause. I mean, I don't mind if I'm fed crap plotline if an episode like Grimjow vs. Ichigo airs now and then. I am a shounen fan at heart first and foremost, so I really don't give a crap about a story if the show is animated gorgeously. So yeah, I'm ready for an action packed episode complimented by solid animation effort. Is it too much to ask? Don't say, "yes". :p

Enjoy the discussion.

Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will sresult in a BAN!

EoT 2010-08-24 04:53

Even though this covered like 3 chapters I think? I could of guessed everything prior to watching it..

5/10 for me.

Kafriel 2010-08-24 05:51

Wow...that was so boring it made me scream, I don't care about effin Yammy, "I.just.don't.care!" The stock animation reminds me of the first FT episodes, and it took up quite a bit of screentime too. This episode also gets the worst music placement award for Mashiro's fight :( The animation was also kinda weird, it's as if WW was totally going for an ass grab after he got knocked down the first time. 3/10 and that's being generous, considering all the flaws in this episode. Btw see how I didn't nag about censorship? :)

Endrance 2010-08-24 06:18

Kinda disappointing to me first with the flashbacks and then the hiyori scene..

Aqua Knight 2010-08-24 06:20

Wow, what was Rukia hoping to see when she was running under Yammy??

And why was Ichigo screaming when he was just flying down?

And I don't recall Hiyori having such a speech at all...

EoT 2010-08-24 06:26

And the Bankai release had no build up or suspense.. so random hahah

Kafriel 2010-08-24 06:41

Hiyori's speech was a good idea, but was poorly executed: it turned out being too long and fell into the category of mindless ranting..."I'm gonna beat you up, really I am! Just wait till I get there, that's right!" <_<

EoT 2010-08-24 07:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kafriel (Post 3207861)
Hiyori's speech was a good idea, but was poorly executed: it turned out being too long and fell into the category of mindless ranting..."I'm gonna beat you up, really I am! Just wait till I get there, that's right!" <_<

Her speech was the only thing which interested me in the whole episode!

Slayerx 2010-08-24 08:35

Awe... the censor'd Gin/Hiyori's big scene.
Eh, should have expected that

Kankel 2010-08-24 10:33

And censorship has poke it's ugly nose once again in a very anticipated scene. F@%k!!! :frustrated:
guess it was too much to ask for that scene completely uncensored.:(

Gin 2010-08-24 11:31

How censored was it?

cors8 2010-08-24 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 3208206)
How censored was it?

Compared to the manga, the aftermath looks much less dire, relatively speaking.

Kafriel 2010-08-24 11:42

Let's just say you can't make a sandwich anymore...

medigo 2010-08-24 11:42

as far as anime viewers can tell, Gin stabbed right through her side and tore it open. She just stays in one piece and they never show the actual wound (Then again they didnt show it in the manga either). Tho there is a lot of blood, so at least it looks lethal (Unlike Rangiku's scrapes)

Of course this means no unsettling shot of her legs flailing in the background :(

MisterJB 2010-08-24 11:44

Quote:

How censored was it?

Remember when Allon ripped off a bit of Matsumoto's torso and you could see him doing it in the black and red shot but when Kira tried to heal her, she only had a few bruises?

It's basically like that. It's implied that he sliced her in half but when Shinji grabs her, she still has both her legs.

Pretty dissapointing.

Thewanderer 2010-08-24 12:19

Oh hey guys. What's going on ITT? =O

Kankel 2010-08-24 12:27

Quote:

How censored was it?

Well basically as everyone else said Hiyori stays in one piece.

At least The Wanderer will welcome that bit of mercy from the animators towards his favorite character.:heh:

Gin 2010-08-24 13:17

Wtf, how am I supposed to get a cool new avatar if Hiyori's legs don't come off? Thank God I went to school today instead of staying home to watch Bleach. :frustrated:

I don't even feel like making fun of t-dubs now. :sad:

sayde 2010-08-24 15:18

I didn't think the episode was all that bad. It felt just like another average episode of Bleach to me. 7/10

King Lycan 2010-08-24 15:53

Horrbile episode compared to the last one .
Hiyori wasn't even ummm *cough cough*