AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Music (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Favourite/best electronic song/artist? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97232)

bloppyblue 2010-09-06 22:33

Favourite/best electronic song/artist?

I love electronic music... It expresses so much in raw beats and I just find it so fascinating. My favourite genre is probably drum n bass, it's just so powerful and it just sounds so damn (well, some). So share your favourite electronic song :D I'd love to discover new artists!

Anyways, I can't get this outa my head.

Urzu 7 2010-09-10 04:17

I'm a huge fan of British Electronic group Underworld. I love them. They and U2 are my absolute favorite music artists. I'm not sure which one edges out the other for me. I'm also a big fan of Massive Attack, Boards of Canada, and Air. There are many other artists in the genre I like, like Orbital, Zero 7, Thievery Corporation, Royksopp, Aphex Twin, M83, Kraftwerk, Moby, Goldfrapp, and more.

Elo the Blue 2010-09-10 12:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloppyblue (Post 3232488)
I love electronic music... It expresses so much in raw beats and I just find it so fascinating. My favourite genre is probably drum n bass, it's just so powerful and it just sounds so damn (well, some). So share your favourite electronic song :D I'd love to discover new artists!

I'm a big drum & bass fan too and was introduced to it when I watched Toonami. I really can't narrow down a favorite track but here's one I always jam to.

vuhuybinh 2010-09-15 19:42

t expresses so much in raw beats

QSC

Dilla 2010-09-15 20:44

Tycho, Daedelus, & Flying Lotus for me.

white wing 2010-09-16 05:56

since i have something i like in just about every genre, moby, the crystal method and aphex twin comes to mind, and capsule if it counts as electronic (it is electropop)

Urzu 7 2010-09-16 18:31

What albums do you like from Moby and Aphex Twin? I have some Moby albums, and I have Selected Ambient Works 85-92 (pretty good album) from Aphex Twin, plus various songs from him.

My favorite Moby albums are Play (with the B-Sides; the best version) and Wait For Me. I have some other albums of his. He is alright. He does have some great songs (for me, my favorite songs of his are the very soft and beautiful kind of songs he tends to make).

white wing 2010-09-16 20:37

selected ambient works 85-92 is fuckin cool, and maybe richard d. james album too

yes play is good but i've never heard the b-sides, i haven't heard much of wait for me

qwertyuiopz 2010-09-18 13:45

<3 house

btw eureka 7 has an awesome house trance soundtrack

synaesthetic 2010-09-18 16:58

Dark ambient, yesplz.

Atrium Carceri
Dahlia's Tear
Desiderii Marginis
Ionosphere
Raison d'Etre
Akira Yamaoka
Merzbow

Plus other stuff... Aphex Twin is pretty awesome. Also love Synaesthesia, the FLA ambient side-project.

For electronic-flavored bands of other genres, Samael was an awesome blend of black metal, world music and techno. At least until their most recent album Above, which goes back to their roots as bog-standard (and boring) black metal fare.

white wing 2010-09-18 20:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 3253110)
Dark ambient, yesplz.

Atrium Carceri
Dahlia's Tear
Desiderii Marginis
Ionosphere
Raison d'Etre
Akira Yamaoka
Merzbow

Plus other stuff... Aphex Twin is pretty awesome. Also love Synaesthesia, the FLA ambient side-project.

For electronic-flavored bands of other genres, Samael was an awesome blend of black metal, world music and techno. At least until their most recent album Above, which goes back to their roots as bog-standard (and boring) black metal fare.

amazing, however out of those dark ambient artists i've only listened to Merzbow.

i also listened to electronic-flavored bands, like Genghis Tron, KMFDM, Godflesh, and black metal band Burzum also went ambient when Varg Vikernes was in jail, but their traditional black metal stuff were better.

i loved lolicore stuff such as, Japshitfun, Lolishit, Nasty Maid Grinder, odaxelagnia and others, pretty friggin messed up music :heh:

Urzu 7 2010-09-18 23:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 3253110)
Dark ambient, yesplz.

Atrium Carceri
Dahlia's Tear
Desiderii Marginis
Ionosphere
Raison d'Etre
Akira Yamaoka
Merzbow

Do you like Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin. Seems like dark ambient music to me. Sounds too creepy to me, honestly. >.>

Do you like Boards of Canada? I'm sure you'd like Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi. Geogaddi is pretty good, and Music Has The Right To Children; I like even more. That second one mentioned is one of my favorites in the genre and pretty high up there for favorite albums in general.

white wing 2010-09-19 00:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urzu 7 (Post 3253706)
Do you like Selected Ambient Works II by Aphex Twin. Seems like dark ambient music to me. Sounds too creepy to me, honestly. >.>

Do you like Boards of Canada? I'm sure you'd like Music Has The Right To Children and Geogaddi. Geogaddi is pretty good, and Music Has The Right To Children; I like even more. That second one mentioned is one of my favorites in the genre and pretty high up there for favorite albums in general.

selected ambient works II is even more ambient than their other albums, not quite dark but imo it gives off the "spacey" and "empty" feeling, and yes quite creepy too.

Dragonar Fan 2010-09-19 15:37

these are a fev of meh favs

Joe Boyd Vigil
Tommy Guerrero
Amon Tobin
Squarepusher
Black Moth Super Rainbow

@ Elo The Blue : Deep Space Bass is the still my favorite CD

white wing 2010-09-20 00:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan (Post 3254796)
Joe Boyd Vigil
Tommy Guerrero
Amon Tobin
Squarepusher
Black Moth Super Rainbow

hey i like squarepusher
and black moth is pretty good, but haven't heard much of them

Elo the Blue 2010-09-21 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragonar Fan (Post 3254796)
Joe Boyd Vigil
Tommy Guerrero
Amon Tobin
Squarepusher
Black Moth Super Rainbow

Vigil and Guerrero are geniuses. Deep Space Bass is one of my favorites in any genre. Black Hole Megamix has some amazing tracks too.

qwertyuiopz 2010-11-07 10:25

this needs a bump!

Sides 2010-11-07 15:08

From my head, there are a lot of german artists that are really good with electronic music. i.e.:
International Pony
Spoiler:

Turntablerockers
Spoiler:

Egoexpress
Spoiler:

Mouse on mars
Spoiler:

and a lot more

Elo the Blue 2010-11-08 13:14

Taufiq91 2010-11-08 21:50

My favourites of them all are New Order and Kraftwerk

Without New Order and Kraftwerk, most of today's electronic rock would cease to exist. There wouldn't be House, Trance, Dubstep, Breakbeat, DnB, Hardcore and even Hip Hop would never evolve without Kraftwerk. Respect.