AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Disgaea 4 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=97555)

Shiroth 2010-09-17 16:44

Disgaea 4
 
Trailer:


Don't forget to check out andriasang's site for information on the online features, along with some other information.

I was a little disappointed with the third game, though this trailer shows plenty of elements that i loved about the first and second game, so this hopefully should deliver. Plus adorable female lead in Prinny outfit is adorable.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8...426618view.jpg

C.A. 2010-09-17 16:51

... I didn't really think I would get the game, until I saw the Puchi Nendoroid at the end... Death.

kyouray 2010-09-17 17:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3250977)
Plus adorable female lead in Prinny outfit is adorable.
http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8...426618view.jpg

I see I'm not the only one who retained this yummy girl & his cute outfit :D
A new Disgaea's always a good news and they finally do HD sprites even if it didn't disturb me in the third game. I loved the 1st and 3rd games but the second disappointed me with its characters and story (but gameplay still was great).

tkdtiger 2010-09-17 18:11

I love this series...this series is what got me into other games that are in this style : D

Kazu 2010-09-17 18:50

Wow Axel is now a main character and the new leads as well look good

on the title the main character looked like a cross of Jedah and Dimitri from darkstalkers then I realized that was his cape not any wings

Yuutsu 2010-09-17 18:52

I'm getting a PS3 this winter and this game certainly looks interesting. However, will I get lost by jumping straight into the fourth iteration without having played the previous ones? Or does Disgaea work like the Persona and Final Fantasy series where every new iteration essentially wipes the slate clean, only preserving certain themes and motifs?

Kazu 2010-09-17 19:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuutsu (Post 3251145)
I'm getting a PS3 this winter and this game certainly looks interesting. However, will I get lost by jumping straight into the fourth iteration without having played the previous ones? Or does Disgaea work like the Persona and Final Fantasy series where every new iteration essentially wipes the slate clean, only preserving certain themes and motifs?

sort of, but past characters usually get involved although I have never played the 3rd one

RRW 2010-09-18 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuutsu (Post 3251145)
I'm getting a PS3 this winter and this game certainly looks interesting. However, will I get lost by jumping straight into the fourth iteration without having played the previous ones? Or does Disgaea work like the Persona and Final Fantasy series where every new iteration essentially wipes the slate clean, only preserving certain themes and motifs?

each disgaea game is stand alone. sometimes other character making cameo however most of the story vague connected

Hooves 2010-09-18 00:28

o.o.... This game looks quite good considering the graphics in this time of age :heh: If I knew much about what Disgaea is about, I might consider getting this sometime soon. But sadly I don't...

RRW 2010-09-18 00:31



Valvatoze – CV: Tatsuhisa Suzuki (the black vampire)
Fenrir – CV: Wataru Hatano (the were wolf)
Fuuka Kazamatsuri – CV: Suzuko Mimori (prinny girl)

The story is about Valvatoze, a vampire warden stationed at a Prinny prison in Hell. Valvatorez learns of the corrupt government that dominates Hell and decides to leading a coup d’état in the Netherworld, with the help of his werewolf companion Fenrir.

Duo Maxwell 2010-09-18 02:24

Fuuka (Prinny Girl), Axel/Akutare are enough for me to get the game :D.

Daniel E. 2010-09-18 02:35

Oh the trailer looks sweet. :)

Really need to get myself a PS3. >_<

Shiroth 2010-09-18 03:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooves (Post 3251728)
o.o.... This game looks quite good considering the graphics in this time of age :heh: If I knew much about what Disgaea is about, I might consider getting this sometime soon. But sadly I don't...

You can always learn.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disgaea

RRW 2010-09-18 04:45

http://cache.gawker.com/assets/image...5a4aa/340x.jpg

box art

Shiroth 2010-09-18 08:35

Very similar to the second game box art (which was my favorite out of the three). This pleases me. :D

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2010-09-18 09:27

I am curious and want to know about that bizarre tentacle-monster looking thing that looked like a little girl. A direct Cthulhu reference, perhaps?

Also note that there is a shota dressed in a ghost outfit as a counterpart to the Prinny Girl.

And sadly, our first casualty in going HD with the sprites is the Catgirls; they were forced to put fur on their nipples now, unlike in the past when the low resolution allowed them to stay topless.

RRW 2010-09-18 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant (Post 3252463)
I am curious and want to know about that bizarre tentacle-monster looking thing that looked like a little girl. A direct Cthulhu reference, perhaps?

Also note that there is a shota dressed in a ghost outfit as a counterpart to the Prinny Girl.

And sadly, our first casualty in going HD with the sprites is the Catgirls; they were forced to put fur on their nipples now, unlike in the past when the low resolution allowed them to stay topless.

how do you know. most of them is stay same

RRW 2010-09-18 11:11

http://www.moetron.com/wp-content/ga...isgaea4055.jpg

sub version

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2010-09-18 12:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrw (Post 3252606)
how do you know. most of them is stay same

You can see the new catgirl design in the trailer.
http://i392.photobucket.com/albums/p...irlcovered.png

And here is the original design:

Renya 2010-09-18 12:43

i like the new design.

Dunno why but i like the new main character design lol. Probably a definite buy for me unless they mess up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:07.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.