AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 187 & 188 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99324)

james0246 2010-11-25 03:00

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 187 & 188 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted before it airs in Japan (which is Thursday at 07:29 PM).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!
    • Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gif if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

This Week's episode:
Gutsy Master and Student: The Training I & II - ド根性師弟修業編 I & II ~ ĀDokonjō Shitei Shugyōhen I & II.

Description:

Credits 187–
Animation Supervisor: Kumiko Horikoshi (181, 178, 151)
Episode Director & Storyboard: Atsushi Nigorikawa (178, 143, 135)
Screenplay: Junki Takegami (179, 171, 170) and Masahiro Hikokubo (A) (186, 185, 184)

Credits 188-
Animation Supervisor:
Episode Director: Toshiya Niidome (178, 170, 151)
Storyboard: Masaaki Kumagai (173, 162, 153)
Screenplay: Junki Takegami (187, 179, 171) and Masahiro Hikokubo (A) (187, 186, 185)

Title for Next Episode:
Sasuke's Paw Encyclopedia - サスケの肉球大全 ~ Sasuke no Nikukyū Taizen.

Alchemist007 2010-11-25 16:31

I think it'll be a while before I watch the anime again. The series seems a bit downhill since the Pein fight and the anime didn't even do that much right.

CuXe 2010-11-25 19:38

hmmm I haven't watched anime for a few months (hard drive issues) so I have to ask... WTF is this?? OMG..... LOL, I guess I'll wait 2 more months and come back to see whats going on.... hopefully something better.

Happy Turkey day Peoplez!!! (2 those in the US of course)

Apollian 2010-11-26 06:16

I stopped about a month ago, and watched 185 to start playing catch up with what I've missed. the episode about the Ninja Ostrich, I couldn't believe I sat through 20mins of that crap!...... so I'm looking at 186/187 and episode 188, and I can't bring myself to watch them!
I think I'll watch "No Index II" until Christmas or go and Play some Halo Reach instead!

Kallen4life 2010-11-26 06:38

they showed Minato !

qwertyuiopz 2010-11-26 06:54

is this still filler? >:[

Fran~ 2010-11-26 10:09

You can say all you want, but i never get tired to see Naruto and Jiraiya, although this one was a crappy filler, Kishi can say that he created one of the most awesome Master-Disciple relationship.

matsunaga_hisahide 2010-11-26 16:33

This...was...worse than the worst Bleach filler.

I love Naruto/Jiraiya as much as everyone else...but that was just...23rd December 2010 is still filler. I hope this stops with 2011. It was kinda fun at first, especially the one about Gaara...but...if this keeps going on...

Meh...

Alchemist007 2010-11-26 16:40

You know the sad part? I wasn't even talking about the filler. (There's a filler? XD)

milan kyuubi 2010-11-27 00:16

Every episode with Jiraiya in it is fun to watch for me :) But I didn't like that they made a second Inari with that kid.

Kafriel 2010-11-27 05:22

This episode gets an 11/100 just because Jiraiya's in it...Definitely the most empty Naruto episode in months; it's good when they make funny filler like last week's, but when the plot switches back to ridiculously cheap drama and waaaay overused concepts, it's bad enough to FF more than half of the episode.

kitten320 2010-11-27 19:43

I'm more interested in next episode with Sasuke and ninja cats.

Nemesis Zone 2010-11-28 05:28

Sorry but anyone know how long the filler will be ? on my information it will end in 188 but the review did show another filler episode !

neshru 2010-11-28 05:35

Nope, no one knows how long they will last atm. All we know is that the episodes up to 192 are confirmed to be filler too.

Kafriel 2010-11-28 07:13

But rejoice, Neji Gaiden will come true indeed, just as it was leaked in the omake of an episode I don't remember how many months ago :D

Fran~ 2010-11-28 08:26

Neji Gaiden without Hanabi = MASSIVE FAIL...

Kafriel 2010-11-28 09:45

Don't encourage James :heh:

Fran~ 2010-11-28 14:59

But... :(

Kishi is so sexist that the hopes that Hanabi could shine in the manga are zero. The only place where even Tenten was amazing for a few minutes is the "Filler Season". :heh:

Spoiler for Because we know it will happen:

sayde 2010-11-28 22:19

2nd episode was semi-worthwhile just to see pre-time skip Naruto pull off Oodama Rasengan for the first time. But these 2 episodes did a great job of reminding me of how pointless Naruto's genjutsu training during the time skip was. I mean he didn't even get to release himself from a genjutsu during a filler. And when it came down to applying his genjutsu training for the first time during the actual canon against Itachi, Naruto was reduced to waiting on his comrades to free him from the spell since Itachi's genjutsu proved too strong for him to handle.

Come to think of it, has Naruto ever successfully freed himself from a genjutsu after his training? Because I can't recall any particular instance.

frubam 2010-11-30 18:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by sayde (Post 3367064)
2nd episode was semi-worthwhile just to see pre-time skip Naruto pull off Oodama Rasengan for the first time. But these 2 episodes did a great job of reminding me of how pointless Naruto's genjutsu training during the time skip was. I mean he didn't even get to release himself from a genjutsu during a filler. And when it came down to applying his genjutsu training for the first time during the actual canon against Itachi, Naruto was reduced to waiting on his comrades to free him from the spell since Itachi's genjutsu proved too strong for him to handle.

Come to think of it, has Naruto ever successfully freed himself from a genjutsu after his training? Because I can't recall any particular instance.

Not that I remember. But then again, even Bee, who's a very competent nin, needed to use the Bijuu to help free himself from Sasuke's genjutsu, and Sasuke's genjutsu isn't as strong as Itachi's.