AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 519 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99424)

james0246 2010-12-01 02:49

[Manga] Chapter 519 Discussion
 
Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Some spoilers out...

Quote:

-Sasori dies...again. Once more being lectured to death...Sasori bequeaths his puppets to Kankuro before passing on...no word yet on Deidara.

-Madara makes an appearance, but not on the battlefield. He is seen either going to talk to Kabuto, or actually talking to Kabuto (it is unclear right now). He comments on the fact that he feels like he is being used, and wonders why Kabuto has lead Konoha-nin to his base...

-Naruto begins practice on using the Bijuu Mode (literally transforming into the Kyuubi ala Kirabi's transformation in to the Hachibi). While being instructed by the Hachibi, it appears that Naruto cannot use the transformation because he has no formative bonds with the Kyuubi. Consequently, he is unable to use the supreme Bijuu power, the Chakra blast attack (the ball of chakra the beasts can shoot from their mouths). But, Naruto notices a similarity between the attack and his Rasengan, and begins to experiment, much to Kirabi's surprise...

That's all for now.

Nobodyman9 2010-12-01 03:15

More friendship no jutsu.

I hate you so much Kishi.

NoLongerSane 2010-12-01 03:35

Lol, not much friendship no jutsu but more like talk to you conscious jutsu. In all honesty, Kabuto better start killing of the conscious to the majority of the risen bodies before they are defeated by poems and family picture albums.

All jest aside, this is probably the reason why Oro killed off the mindset of the first and second Hokage when fighting Sarutobi. He pretty much know that this was the limitation for this forbidden jutus. The only reason why Kabuto is keeping the majority of the corpses to have their personalities is to play psychological warfare, but it would seem that it's backfiring.

Freya 2010-12-01 04:14

Dude you can't underestimate Friendship no Jutsu. Naruto's most powerful attack.

Gin 2010-12-01 04:17

Naruto spreads his friendship power like herpes, I didn't even know Kankuro caught it. And next chapter we will find out that Rasengan was actually invented by Kushina and taught to Minato, or Naruto has to summon clones to help him form the chakra ball.

Cub-Sama 2010-12-01 05:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 3370887)
Naruto spreads his friendship power like herpes, I didn't even know Kankuro caught it.

Oh friendship jutsu, it spreads like herpes, causes bad guy decay and the only defence against it is having your entire family killed and being an Uchiha. Tis a sad sad day when a Bleach chapter interests me more than a Naruto one, I am disappointed Kishi! You have called upon my wrath!

ronin myael 2010-12-01 06:21

friendship no jutsu? lol

come to think of it, that jutsu is the very heart of this story. it's naruto's most powerful weapon, forget the kyuubi, forget sage mode, doesn't matter how strong or weak he is he can defeat his enemies using only that. naruto could very well be the shonen anime/manga equivalent of a soap opera. it can be terribly annoying and yet hopelessly addicting. *sighs*

Gin 2010-12-01 06:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cub-Sama (Post 3370947)
Oh friendship jutsu, it spreads like herpes, causes bad guy decay and the only defence against it is having your entire family killed and being an Uchiha. Tis a sad sad day when a Bleach chapter interests me more than a Naruto one, I am disappointed Kishi! You have called upon my wrath!

Naruto and Bleach have both been crap for awhile now, but at least Bleach has fanservice. (The good kind, with boobs, not the shitty, bring everyone back to life kind.)

Frenchie 2010-12-01 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 3370976)
Naruto and Bleach have both been crap for awhile now, but at least Bleach has fanservice. (The good kind, with boobs, not the shitty, bring everyone back to life kind.)

Bleach can't do that coz no one dies ;)

Kotengu 2010-12-01 09:07

Revealing Naruto's abilities thru training is stupid. They had that whole setup where he used 1000 Kagebushin to train years in hours, then set it up so that he could learn and fight at the same time against Kakuzu, and just didn't use the concept again. We already know what Bee can do with his chakra and expect similar things from naruto. It would be a lot cooler if he was learning this in the heat of battle, not having it spoon fed to him inside a turtle cave.

Similarities between Chackra bullet and rasengan just means wind element chakra bullet. which is what rasenshruken should have been in the first place. Not some kind of expanding frizbee.

My biggest question is why doesnt go back to using Kagebushin now that his chakra/seal is under control? Mass Kyubi Kagebushin, or hyper Kagebushin learning should be the first things on the list now. It should have only taken him 20 minutes to learn all of this with mass KB.

Rahan 2010-12-01 09:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kotengu (Post 3371129)
My biggest question is why doesnt go back to using Kagebushin now that his chakra/seal is under control? Mass Kyubi Kagebushin, or hyper Kagebushin learning should be the first things on the list now. It should have only taken him 20 minutes to learn all of this with mass KB.

This is explained in the chapter, but it's not clear in the spoiler.

When Naruto is using the Kyuubi chakra, the Kyuubi can drain Naruto's chakra, so Naruto must not waste his chakra in jutsus like KB since it would only allow Kyuubi to consume him faster.
Bee negociated what amount of chakra Hachibi can drain from him, but Kyuubi isn't the kind who negociate and would take it all (killing Naruto in the process)

Also, this chapter gives us the official confirmation Naruto can not do one handed Rasengan.
He says Kyuubi mode is not good for him since he needs clones to use Rasengan. And it looks like the jutsu Bee is teaching Naruto consist in using "Kyuubi cloak hands" to use Menacing Ball (which is, we should have guessed, the original Rasengan)

Alchemist007 2010-12-01 09:19

Fuuton: Rasenchakrashuriken! Then the mountains were plains.

Luminion Lancer 2010-12-01 09:23

...
 
-Yup, the Friendship no Jutsu is that powerful. But did you know that its actually a chemical imbalance virus? Its true. While it may not cause any outer, physical harm to the body, the insides are another story. The virus usually enters through the ears or the mouth and proceeds to travel right to heart. There it festers on until it reaches maturity whereupon it causes the person afflicted with the virus do very random, OOC things like preaching love, believing in one's fellow man and even pointless heroic death. Finally when the virus senses its host's demise, it sends out many smaller membranes out to attach themselves to any nearby host body, thus spreading its influence. Next week, we'll look at the destructive retro-virus that scientists have dubbed the "Sassy Uke".

-I do find Naruto noticing that the Chakra Blast Sphere is similar to his Rasengan to be a fun little detail. I mean think about it, this expands his options in battle because he's not going to learn any more jutsu, on-screen at least. So he's got Rasengan, Oodama Rasengan, Fuuton: Rasengan, Rasenshuriken and now, this is another potential addition to his arsenal without including Sage Mode. I can say I'm happy with it, as long as we don't have to see Kage Bunshin helping him form that Blast Sphere.

Neji112 2010-12-01 11:29

I'm guessing that after a certain point, all zombie will have their will killed. Neji's Dad and Asuma will be dust instantly if that doesn't happen.

I think it would be cool if the opposite of friendship no jutsu also applied. Zombies who refused to leave their new bodies because they are too filled with hate to rest in peace.

Luminion Lancer 2010-12-01 11:48

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neji112 (Post 3371266)
I think it would be cool if the opposite of friendship no jutsu also applied. Zombies who refused to leave their new bodies because they are too filled with hate to rest in peace.

-That can only really apply to the zombie jinchuuriki, Hanzou, Kakuzu and maybe the previous kage. The rest of the zombies died on rather "peaceful" terms (in other words, without real regrets). Asuma, Neji's father, Dan, Chiyo and whoever else I'm missing here. But even if we have hate-filled zombies, I doubt most of them actually ENJOY being toyed with by a bespectacled snake of a man suffering from abandonment issues. I think they'd sooner commit mass-release out of pride instead.

-In other news, it seems Naruto cannot gain access to the Kyuubi's full form like Killer Bee...yet. It seems that this transformation needs the co-operation of both the host and the bijuu, which Naruto and the Kyuubi do not have. So when Naruto tries to fully transform, it backfires on him and he turns into a chibi fox (supposedly this is so cute, it makes fangirls squeal wildly). So no Kyuubi transformations for now, but we at least know what is the next logical step in Naruto's flow of power.

james0246 2010-12-01 11:58

LOL, I love how the Hachibi, while instructing Naruto on the Chakra Ball, describes the technique as being similar to vomiting. :D. There's just something wonderfully ridiculous about a Gigantic 50 meter tall monster vomiting to destroy...

Luminion Lancer 2010-12-01 12:16

...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 3371302)
LOL, I love how the Hachibi, while instructing Naruto on the Chakra Ball, describes the technique as being similar to vomiting. :D. There's just something wonderfully ridiculous about a Gigantic 50 meter tall monster vomiting to destroy...

-So the Bijuu are all anorexic super models :heh:? That certainly explains why the Kyuubi got all skinny and weird when Naruto pulled out his chakra and he tried to use a big-ass ball of doom to kill him.

ntherblast 2010-12-01 12:43

Sasori dies and gives his puppets to kankuro?I aint liking this doesnt make sasori unique anymore...

DeDe 2010-12-01 12:55

This doesn't bode well for the war. And I don't even mean the talk-no-jutsuing two zombies in just two chapters part. We just had our first battle and Kishi is already into Naruto's training. It makes the war, which should be the focal point, the backdrop to whatever Naruto is doing. I wish he would just focus on the war. I mean there is enough characters you could write about in it. And since Naruto's training is about rasengan again, I can't think of anything more boring.

My only hope is that Kishi wants to get the training quickly over with so Kirabi can finally exit stage left. But my feeling is more he wants to get the war over with given what we have seen in the Ambush Division fight.

Kankuro giving his The Reason You Suck Speech would have meant more if there were a greater connection and more interaction between the two. And had Kankuro been given more development before this fight. Instead it lacks any real impact and feels rushed.

Shining Celebi 2010-12-01 13:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoLongerSane (Post 3370853)
Lol, not much friendship no jutsu but more like talk to you conscious jutsu. In all honesty, Kabuto better start killing of the conscious to the majority of the risen bodies before they are defeated by poems and family picture albums.

All jest aside, this is probably the reason why Oro killed off the mindset of the first and second Hokage when fighting Sarutobi. He pretty much know that this was the limitation for this forbidden jutus. The only reason why Kabuto is keeping the majority of the corpses to have their personalities is to play psychological warfare, but it would seem that it's backfiring.

It seems odd Kabuto would not also be aware of this weakness. And if he did know this, it makes absolutely no sense to have resurrected many of the zombies he did.

Unless he summoned them precisely because the alliance would be able to win against them, just as he revealed the location of the hideout.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:28.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.