AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Forum & Site Feedback (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Problem: Trouble logging on (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99631)

Endscape 2010-12-10 16:48

Trouble logging on
 
Since I've joined this site, I've noticed that I've had trouble logging on. Normally it takes at least 3 tries before I can log on, and when I do, while I'm posting, I often have to copy the post and log on again, since I get the message that I'm not authorized to post. This happen no matter what computer I'm using. Can I get some help with this problem, please?

Kaze 2010-12-10 18:47

There is an option somewhere in the User CP to the top left where you can tick a box that says "Auto log on"
Which automatically re-logs you on the site when you perform an action.

felix 2010-12-10 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Endscape (Post 3385569)
Since I've joined this site, I've noticed that I've had trouble logging on. Normally it takes at least 3 tries before I can log on, and when I do, while I'm posting, I often have to copy the post and log on again, since I get the message that I'm not authorized to post. This happen no matter what computer I'm using. Can I get some help with this problem, please?

  • Do you have javascript enabled?
  • Are you using the "Remember Me" option?

GHDpro 2010-12-10 21:14

This could be a problem related to cookies, which might be caused by browser security settings.

I'd suggest try browsing the forum with a different browser for a while, to see if the problem also happens with that other browser (ie: if you're using Firefox, try Chrome or Opera or the other way around).

Alternatively it may also be related to overzealous security software (av software, firewalls, etc) that tries to nuke anything it thinks is a "privacy invading" tracking cookie.

In either case though, the AnimeSuki forum wouldn't be the only site you'd have this problem with.

Endscape 2010-12-10 21:36

Quote:

There is an option somewhere in the User CP to the top left where you can tick a box that says "Auto log on"
Which automatically re-logs you on the site when you perform an action.
Really, where? I don't see it.

Quote:

* Do you have javascript enabled?
* Are you using the "Remember Me" option?
Yes, Javascript is enabled, and I think 'Remeber Me' is on, though I'll have to double check

Quote:

This could be a problem related to cookies, which might be caused by browser security settings.

I'd suggest try browsing the forum with a different browser for a while, to see if the problem also happens with that other browser (ie: if you're using Firefox, try Chrome or Opera or the other way around).

Alternatively it may also be related to overzealous security software (av software, firewalls, etc) that tries to nuke anything it thinks is a "privacy invading" tracking cookie.

In either case though, the AnimeSuki forum wouldn't be the only site you'd have this problem with.
The problem persists no matter what computer or browser I use. And AnimeSuki is the only site I have this problem with.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:09.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.