AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Current Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   (CR) Cardfight!! Vanguard (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99942)

cohen 2010-12-22 13:04

Cardfight!! Vanguard
 
This series will premier on TV Aichi in January, and there is a ton of major studios working on it. For one, Bushiroad is supplying the work for it, and Yugioh R manga artist is providing the designs. I suggest you check out the website for a ton of info on it.

http://cf-vanguard.com/

MisaoFan 2010-12-22 13:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3403295)
This series will premier on TV Ashai in January, and there is a ton of major studios working on it. For one, Bushiroad is supplying the work for it, and Yugioh R manga artist is providing the designs. I suggest you check out the website for a ton of info on it.

http://cf-vanguard.com/

The anime will premiere on TV Aichi, not TV Asahi. Please edit the name of the channel when it gets premiered.

cohen 2010-12-22 13:30

I knew it was one of those channels. Card packs will be 150 yen for 5 cards, just like Yugioh packs. Structure decks will be 1050 yen. A box of 20 packs will be 3000 yen. Just like the popular Yugioh OCG. Now, I don't think Wizards has bought rights to the card game yet, so we'll have to wait for that. Same goes for dubbing, Viz Media and 4kids haven't jumped an inch yet. But, from what is happening in Japan with this, it should be quite big. In fact, Yugioh is ending 5Ds in March to compete with it with a new series, Zexal.

I am pretty sure someone at Janime will have subbed up, so no need to worry.

roriconfan 2010-12-22 15:22

Are the rules similar to Yugioh's?

cohen 2010-12-22 15:25

No idea, the game hasn't been released yet. The video seems to suggest closer to Magic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvZLhdd_2Hg

roriconfan 2010-12-22 15:57

Hm, the video shows each player can have up to three monsters on the field and that on each attack you draw life cards or counter cards which can alter the outcome.

RelaxRelapse 2010-12-22 18:54

It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it can match the popularity Yugioh had.

Tsukie 2010-12-22 19:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by RelaxRelapse (Post 3403756)
It looks interesting, but I'm not sure if it can match the popularity Yugioh had.

I agree... I'm not sure that it would be as popular. Yugioh has been around for a long time, and people are pretty familiar with it. If they were going to pick up a card game, seems like they would just go for Yugioh. Plus the name doesn't sound as catchy if you're talking about it, but that's a pretty petty reason. :p Though in the end, I suppose anything is possible. Maybe this will be a surprise hit.

Amutox89 2010-12-22 19:16

Although anything is possible, I don't bet this could ever match Yu-Gi-Oh. Much less, surpass it. :P

cohen 2010-12-22 21:58

Well, in Japan, Duel Masters did better than Yugioh, but once it hit the international stage, it slumped. Japan is a weird place, we will see where this goes. If it does well, it could see its way into the hands of 4kids.

It is shaping up to be a hit, the Jam Project did the opening.

Amutox89 2010-12-22 22:08

It may become a hit, but for those who were into Yu-Gi-Oh and still are, some might not even give it a chance because they'll see it as a knock off. That seems to happen with a lot of shows that have to do with games, unfortunately, they fall into YGO's shadow. While some succeed, others just fall flat. I'm not saying I don't hope for the shows success, I'm just saying that Yu-Gi-Oh was and is so huge, that it'll be more than tough to compete with it for a new show.

Guess we'll see how it goes then, right? ^^"

cohen 2010-12-22 22:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amutox89 (Post 3404039)
It may become a hit, but for those who were into Yu-Gi-Oh and still are, some might not even give it a chance because they'll see it as a knock off. That seems to happen with a lot of shows that have to do with games, unfortunately, they fall into YGO's shadow. While some succeed, others just fall flat. I'm not saying I don't hope for the shows success, I'm just saying that Yu-Gi-Oh was and is so huge, that it'll be more than tough to compete with it for a new show.

Guess we'll see how it goes then, right? ^^"

That isn't true at Janime. Some are very upset with Zexal simply because the main character isn't a 16-18 year old. So Vangaurd, with the same age kid, draws their attention. I am going to check it out simply because so many at janime want to. I think it will do well in Japan, but never as well as Yugioh internationally.

Amutox89 2010-12-22 22:28

It probably will do well in Japan, I was thinking on a more international basis ^^"

cohen 2010-12-22 22:36

With merch anime, it all depends on how well it does first to see if it has a chance worldwide. Companies aren't going to take chances on anime if it doesn't do well in Japan first.

roriconfan 2010-12-23 08:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by cohen (Post 3404017)
Well, in Japan, Duel Masters did better than Yugioh, but once it hit the international stage, it slumped. Japan is a weird place, we will see where this goes. If it does well, it could see its way into the hands of 4kids.

It is shaping up to be a hit, the Jam Project did the opening.

Duel Masters felt a lot like Magic the Gathering. Plus, the anime sucked. People were accustomed to play western type Magic and Eastern type Yugioh and this one just felt pointless to be there.

cohen 2010-12-23 08:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by roriconfan (Post 3404628)
Duel Masters felt a lot like Magic the Gathering. Plus, the anime sucked. People were accustomed to play western type Magic and Eastern type Yugioh and this one just felt pointless to be there.

The Vanguard card game is headed by one of the best MTG players in Japan as well as the Duel Master designer. So it will be an even mix.

roriconfan 2010-12-23 12:54

Here is a thought. Why would the established fans of Yugioh turn to Vanguard? Why would anyone new to the field?

Listen what, from the video it looks like you can only summon up to three monsters and three traps. Any rookie would think that Yugioh is better for allowing more, plus already has a huge collection of cards behind it for variety.

cohen 2010-12-23 13:35

I have only one idea, they are upset with Zexal. And for reason fond a show with a protagonist that is even younger more interesting, even though it will most likely be dead on arrival in America.

Eh, it has a chance, but nowhere near as good as Zexal has.

OkamiNoKaze 2011-01-03 02:35

Anyone see or hear if anyone is going to sub this anime? The Fan sub wiki hasn't listed anything yet

cohen 2011-01-03 09:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze (Post 3420080)
Anyone see or hear if anyone is going to sub this anime? The Fan sub wiki hasn't listed anything yet

I am sure someone over at Janime will do that honors.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:15.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.