Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion
View Single Post
An Hero in Disguise
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Currently - Germany
Here's a small update and kind of prelude to ... something
World's Colors, Prelude
I was sitting in my new “office” in deep darkness. It was only 6 P.M. and the sun should’ve not set yet but the room had no windows. I didn’t turn any lights on and several working monitors were barely able to make their closest surroundings visible. I was working with one of them while the rest showed the outside view – a peaceful underwater landscape filled with all kinds of native life forms.
I’ve called the room my new “office” but it was actually a temporary substitute for my official apartments in the capital. And it was located underwater indeed, being the room designed to belong to the captain of Niddhogg. The massive battle cruiser was currently lying on the bottom of a nearby water body several hundred meters below its surface.
Such change of places was quite sudden but there were good reasons for it. And many of them were connected to the report I had in front of my eyes now. It consisted of two parts, first of which wasn’t exactly important at the moment, but I liked to deal with everything in the order of appearance, so I started with it.
It was a compilation of profiles on the members of my unit, but not the regular ones. These were the profiles used by the Tripartite to estimate the person’s capabilities and possible threat level and were not open to public. Normally only TSAB officers starting from the rank of Department’s Director had access to them, and it took me quite a while to get my hands on this data. I didn’t expect to find anything new for me there, but I wanted to know how the Tripartite regarded each of us.
I opened the file and saw that the data was arranged in three separate groups:
Full Name: Anatoly Aleksandrovitsch Belov
Occupation: Head Combat Instructor, TSAB Intelligence Department
Military Rank: Major
Official Mage Rank: S
Magic Style: Neo-Belkan
Specialization: close range combat and high-energy bombardment
Estimated Threat Level, personal: S+, former leader of an elite Enforcer unit, had a lot of real combat experience, never takes an opponent lightly; due to the Auto-Shield augmentation of his Device combines great offensive and defensive powers
Estimated Threat Level, overall: S+, no particular remarks
Mirian El Meyruun
Full Name: none, true name unknown, named Mirian after being recovered by TSAB, El Meyruun corresponds to the name of her world of origin
Occupation: Junior Investigator, TSAB Intelligence Department Special Section D
Military Rank: eq. Second Lieutenant
Official Mage Rank: AAA
Magic Style: Mid-Childa
Specialization: summoning, capable of support and healing magic
Estimated Threat Level, personal: S to SSS, possesses an unusual summoning ability theoretically allowing to bring anything into existence; threat level of currently observed capabilities can be ranked as S; if she is confirmed as the source of her home world’s demise the threat level can be raised up to SSS
Estimated Threat Level, overall: SSS, was a part of an eugenic project aimed to breed the ultimate summoner, which almost succeeded; as long as a sample of her DNA exists the threat of said project being resurrected remains high
Full Name: Ramsus, adopted Lakarn
Occupation: Investigator, TSAB Intelligence Department Special Section D
Military Rank: eq. Captain
Official Mage Rank: AAA+
Magic Style: Mid-Childa
Specialization: long range sniping and area bombardment, capable of close range combat
Estimated Threat Level, personal: S+, possesses a Device with Magical Resonance augmentation, is a possible survivor of the Shepherd Project (inherited traits unknown)
Estimated Threat Level, overall: S+ to SS, depends on his actual relation to the Shepherd Project and its legacy
Full Name: Sarah Adelaide S’Zet IV
Occupation: Head of R&D Section, TSAB Intelligence Department
Military Rank: none
Official Mage Rank: AA
Magic Style: Mid-Childa and Neo-Belkan
Specialization: stealth and medium range combat, capable in almost any field of magic except summoning
Estimated Threat Level, personal: AAA+ to S, is a very versatile fighter, aside from magic frequently uses different high-tech gadgets including combat nanomachines; possibly has psyonic abilities (level unconfirmed)
Estimated Threat Level, overall: SSS, is the head and only living member of S’Zet family – the richest independent organization in known time-space, openly governing dozens of worlds and indirectly influencing an even bigger amount; possesses some of the most advanced research facilities and a personal army rivaling TSAB Ground Forces, Navy and Air Force combined
Serge Blanc Romardo
Full Name: Serge Louis Blanc, adopted Romardo
Occupation: Head Investigator, TSAB Intelligence Department Special Section D
Military Rank: eq. Colonel
Official Mage Rank: AAA
Magic Style: Mid-Childa
Specialization: Flow Manipulation and piercing attacks
Estimated Threat Level, personal: SS, possesses an extremely rare ability of Flow Manipulation, rendering almost any magical attack against him ineffective; his capabilities are further boosted by his Device – a Lost Logia capable of controlling magic particles; may also use high-tech gadgets and conventional weapons
Estimated Threat Level, overall: SSS+ or higher, his Device presumably doesn’t belong to the current Multiverse and already outlived an unknown number of them (impossible to confirm), thus possessing close to godlike powers; in case it finds a way around its current energy limitations the threat level can be raised up to X
“Well, quite interesting,” – I mumbled, - “but nothing unexpected. Let’s see what else they dug up …”
; Full Drive form –
; 2 magazines for 20 cartridges each
Note: Kaiser is augmented with an experimental independent Auto-Shield system
– Anatoly’s analogue of Sonic Move, has roughly the same speed but the movements are less precise; at the same time Rivok causes less exhaustion to the user, thus allowing more frequent usage
– makes Anatoly’s body look transparent and conjures several shadowy silhouettes around him, concealing his movements; the spell also increases the user’s agility
– covers Kaiser’s blades in magical flames for the next 30 seconds, increasing their attack power and making each hit cause a small explosion directed at the opponent (fiery property, power AA), each part of the device uses 1 cartridge, may be initiated separately
– (available in Full Drive mode) covers Kaiser’s blades in vicious red magical flames for the next 30 seconds, greatly increasing their attack power and making each hit cause a large explosion directed at the opponent (fiery property, power S-), each part of the device uses 1 cartridge, may be initiated separately
– (available in Full Drive mode) greatly boosts the user’s physical strength for the next 60 seconds (roughly twenty times), also provides S-class protective field around the body, each part of the device uses 2 cartridges
– forms a square barrier out of two Belkan triangle sigils in the chosen direction, power S
– forms a pyramidal barrier with a large Belkan triangle sigil as its base around chosen location, power S-
– attempts to break any binds put on the user, unlike Bind Break this spell always works instantly but is more likely to fail, each part of the device uses 1 cartridge
– (available in Full Drive mode) forms a complex multi-layer barrier around chosen location, combining directed shields and area protection, power S+ to SS, each part of the device uses 2 cartridges
Auto-Shield system spells:
– the most commonly used spell, forms a directed shield on the path of an incoming attack, power AAA
– when the AI considers it possible it forms a weaker version of the shield capable of redirecting the attack’s path (back to the opponent or to any other target), power AA
– when necessary the AI forms a 360 degrees barrier around the user, considerably drains magical energy, power AAA
– a quick series of attacks with the user’s speed boosted by magic, power AA, range D, speed AAA
Grom i Molniya
– a double attack when Anatoly first dashes towards the opponent slashing him horizontally, then makes a somersault while Kaiser loads a cartridge and unleashes the second attack from above accompanied by a large fiery explosion, power AAA, range C, speed AA
– launches a red crescent-shaped projectile originating from one of the Kaiser’s blades, power AA, range A, speed A
– binds the opponent with red chains; it’s possible to physically hurt the bound person by tightening the grip, power AAA, range C, speed B
– (available in Full Drive mode) a longer but extremely quick series of attacks with the user’s speed greatly boosted by magic, power AAA, range D, speed S, each part of the device uses 1 cartridge
– (available in Full Drive mode) launches a powerful red cross-shaped projectile originating from the Kaiser’s blades, power AAA+, range A, speed A, each part of the device uses 1 cartridge
– (available in Full Drive mode) fires a condensed jet of red flames from one of the Kaiser’s hearts, power S+, range A, speed B (AAA when shot), uses 2 cartridges
Azure Flare Breaker
– (available in Full Drive mode) Anatoly’s ultimate attack, each part of the device uses 2 cartridges at the initial stage, then 2 cartridges when Anatoly forms a barrier in front of him, 2 more cartridges while he brings his hands together and conjures a blue ball of flames on the other side of the barrier and at last 4 cartridges before he punches through the barrier at the ball, unleashing the attack in the chosen direction; the resulting attack looks like a swirling tornado of azure flames stretching from Anatoly to the target, unlike most other Breaker spells Azure Flare Breaker deals almost exclusively physical damage, consisting of real flames whose blue color corresponds to the temperature of at least 20.000 Kelvin; once shot the flames move at tremendous speed reaching the spell's maximum range almost instantly; close to anything on the flames’ path gets incinerated in a blink of an eye with some rare exceptions like best examples of phase-shift armor or solid neutronium; power SSS, range A, speed D (SS when shot); causes heavy exhaustion both to the device and the user, prohibiting the usage of any magic for some time after the shot (doesn’t affect Auto-Shield system)
Mirian El Meyruun
; Full Drive form –
; doesn’t use cartridges
Note: Kaleidoscope is augmented with an experimental Multi-Type Summoning system
– cures moderate physical wounds, only mildly effective in case of heavy injuries
– restores target person’s physical stamina by sharing that of the user; heals physical wounds, requires continuous usage
– restores target person’s magical stamina by sharing that of the user; fixes damage to magical circuits, requires continuous usage
Boost Up: Extension
– for the next 60 seconds amplifies target person’s magic by influencing “extendable” aspects of the spells, like duration, range, area of effect etc.; the person chooses the aspect to be extended when the spell is cast, but only one at a time
Boost Up: Empower
– for the next 60 seconds amplifies target person’s magic by raising all spells’ power by one full rank (i.e. from AAA to S)
Boost Up: Acumen
– for the next 60 seconds amplifies target person’s magic by considerably shortening all spells’ casting time
– forms a round barrier in the chosen direction, power AAA
– forms a protective dome around the chosen area, power AA
– attempts to break any binds put on the user, takes more time depending on the bind’s complexity and power
– (available in Full Drive mode) forms a multi-layer crystalline barrier in the chosen direction, power S
– shoots a multitude of diamond-shaped projectiles in the chosen direction, power A (each projectile), range A, speed AA
– summons a crystal above the chosen location which shoots down a powerful energy beam, power AAA, range B, speed B
Ruby Flare Storm
– (available in Full Drive mode) same as Ruby Flare but multiple crystals can be summoned at the same time
Note: true form of Mirian’s summoning spells brings events into existence instead of the certain objects; theoretically she’s capable of summoning a limitless variety of events, so far four different spells were observed
Crysalian Locust King
– summons a Crysalian Locust King, a rare semi-intelligent insect life form capable of using magic and moreover – feeding on it; despite its name it rather resembles a 20-meter long winged scorpion, surprisingly agile for its size; its body is capable of begetting lesser forms of Crysalian Locusts which support the King and do his bidding; Type – Genesis (green), True Form – Crysalian Locust Plague
Crysalian Locust Plague
– (available in Full Drive mode?) refers to the event of the destruction of Crysalian civilization by an assault of magic-devouring locusts, the most fearsome of which were Crysalian Locust Queens – gigantic creatures reaching the height of 500 meters and capable of giving birth to countless Crysalian Locust Kings aside from being high-level magic users; spell never cast in True Form; Type – Genesis (green), Earth (brown), Air (sky blue)
– summons very thick mist over an area of several kilometers in every direction which prevents anything from being seen from a distance of more then one meter; the mist self-regenerates and has practically no means to be removed against caster’s will; Type – Water (blue), True Form – Eternal Nightfall
– (available in Full Drive mode) reproduces the event of the death of a world’s star; at her current level Mirian can affect maximum space of a cube with a side of 100 square kilometers; the area is covered in complete darkness and filled with icy mist as the temperature starts dropping rapidly, gradually reaching absolute zero; anything staying in the area will be completely frozen, though its boundaries aren’t locked by any barriers; Type – Darkness (black), Water (blue), Air (sky blue), Earth (brown)
– summons 3 shadowy copies of up to 4 targets, obeying the caster but also capable of acting on their own; phantoms retain most of the abilities of the original in case they don’t surpass the level of the caster, otherwise they get toned down accordingly; the copies aren’t illusionary; Type – Darkness (black), True Form – Phantom Army of the Demon Prince
Phantom Army of the Demon Prince
– (available in Full Drive mode?) refers to the (future?) event of the confrontation of the Demon Prince with the armies of the Saint Church, seen in the prophecies of many different worlds; the Demon Prince defeats Holy armies using their exact copies in triple numbers in addition to his own forces; spell never cast in True Form; Type – Darkness (black), Chaos (red), Genesis (green), Time (purple), Divinity (gold)
Rain of Sorrow
– summons a heavy rain of blood-red liquid over an area of several kilometers in every direction which completely obstructs vision and even hinders movements similar to being drowned in very dense jelly; the rain ignores any magical shields and even barrier jackets; the caster has limited control over the rain’s strength in different areas and its directions; Type – Blood (blood-red), True Form – Fall of the Gods
Fall of the Gods
– (available in Full Drive mode?) refers to the (future?) event of the war of the Gods against mortals, also seen in the prophecies of many civilizations; the Gods lose but before their fall make the skies of the world where the final battle takes place rain their blood which burns everything it touches to ashes, including the world’s surface itself, thus bringing death to the victorious armies as well; spell never cast in True Form; Type – Blood (blood-red), Divinity (gold), Air (sky blue), Lightning (yellow), Fire (orange), Time (purple)
; Full Drive form –
; 12 cartridges in the magazine
Note: Gram is augmented with an experimental Magical Resonance system
– Ramsus’ body possesses superhuman ability of regenerating physical and to a lesser extent magical damage
– a surveillance class spell, provides general information about the surroundings in about 10 kilometer radius (25 km using Resonance system, 100 km in Full Drive mode, the more the range the longer it takes to comprehend the information), most useful in combination with Lock On
– puts a kind of marker on a known target, allowing precise aiming of long range spells without direct eye contact; effective in about 10 km radius (25 km using Resonance system, 100 km in Full Drive mode)
– forms a two-layer round shield in the chosen direction, power AAA+ (using Resonance system makes the layers merge and expand, power S (power S+ in Full Drive mode))
– forms a protective cube around the chosen area, power AA+
– attempts to break any binds put on the user, takes more time depending on the bind’s complexity and power (using Resonance system improves the chances of success and reduces the time needed)
– shoots a multitude of green arrow-shaped projectiles with homing properties, up to 20 projectiles can be shot at the same time (using Resonance system each projectile can be further split into 3, uses 1 cartridge; in Full Drive mode each projectile can be split into 10, uses 2 cartridges); power AA (each projectile), range AA, speed AA
Fang of Viper
– fires a single fast projectile with armor-piercing properties; if a living target is hit and stays alive the wound causes bleeding that doesn’t stop naturally; power AA, range SS, speed B (S when shot) (using Resonance system raises power to AAA, in Full Drive mode speed when shot reaches SS, uses 1 cartridge in both cases)
– fires a condensed beam of greenish energy, in addition to regular damage poisons the surrounding air, the poison weakens and slowly kills its victims; power AAA, range AA, speed B (AA when shot), uses 1 cartridge (using Resonance system makes the beam thicker, power S-, uses 2 cartridges, in Full Drive mode an emerald energy lance is formed at the center of the beam, power S+, uses 3 cartridges)
– makes countless thin energy beams rain down from the sky over a wide area, each inflicts mainly corrosive physical damage; power AAA (overall), range SS, speed D (using Resonance system makes each beam create a small explosion on contact, dealing additional magical damage, power S (overall), uses 1 cartridge, in Full Drive mode the affected area is widened, uses 2 cartridges)
– produces a greenish explosion with the user at its center, the victims’ magical circuits suffer the most damage; power AAA-, range C, speed AAA, uses 1 cartridge (using Resonance system adds lightning damage and shocks the victims, power AAA+, uses 1 cartridge, in Full Drive mode range reaches B, uses 2 cartridges)
– Ramsus’ ultimate spell, makes the ground in the chosen area erupt with a huge green pillar of energy; physical part of the damage has corrosive properties, magical part is concentrated on damaging the victims’ magical circuits, additionally the spell poisons surrounding air, the poison considerably weakens and rapidly kills its victims; power S, range SS, speed D, uses 3 cartridges (using Resonance system increases the power to SS, uses 4 cartridges, in Full Drive mode the affected area is widened, uses 6 cartridges)
– attempts to break target barrier, the spell is very fast to cast but doesn’t guarantee success; power AA, range AA, speed S (using Resonance system power reaches AAA, in Full Drive mode the spell affects a wide area instead of single target, uses 1 cartridge)
– (available in Full Drive mode) a powerful sword attack able to cut through opponents’ defenses easily due to the usage of Resonance system; power AAA, range D, speed AAA, uses 1 cartridge
– (available in Full Drive mode) an extremely fast series of sword attacks usable both as offensive and defensive move; power AA, range D, speed S+, uses 1 cartridge
Grand Imperial Cleaver
– (available in Full Drive mode) a long range sword attack when Gram’s energy blade extends to reach its target, uses Resonance system to break through any obstacles; power S+, range B, speed C, uses 3 cartridges
; Full Drive form –
; 50 cartridges in the magazine
Note: Nebel is augmented with an experimental Micro-Cartridge system and is actually not a single device but a host for a nanomachine colony
– unconfirmed; Sarah is rumored to possess some level of mind control abilities due to the fact that she always manages to end any negotiation in her favor
– makes the user’s physical body invisible
– similar to Sonic Move but slightly slower; leaves a trail of after-images on its path, all of which are illusionary except one (not necessarily the one at the trail’s head)
– almost instant close range teleportation, also allows to escape from most types of binding magic
– forms a round barrier in the chosen direction, power AA
– forms a triangular barrier in the chosen direction, power AA
– forms a double round and triangular barrier in the chosen direction, power AAA
– forms a protective dome around the chosen area, power AA
– sword’s blade forms a purple shield in the chosen direction, power AAA+, uses 1 cartridge
– (available in Full Drive mode) sword’s blade forms a purple protective globe around the user, power S, uses 3 cartridges
– extends sword’s blade to hit the target; power AA, range B, speed AAA
– bends sword’s blade to follow the target and/or hit from another angle; power A+, range B, speed S
– turns sword’s blade into a mass of spiked vines which can be used for offensive or defensive purposes; power AA, range C, speed AA, uses 1 cartridge
Sky Vines Bind
– turns sword’s blade into a mass of spiked vines which are used to bind the target; possible to inflict damage; power AA, range C, speed AA, uses 1 cartridge
– powerful binding spell that fully inhibits magical abilities both of the target and the user
– turns sword’s blade into a cloud of purple dust capable of restricting enemies’ movements and damage them with high pressure; power AA+, range C, speed A, uses 2 cartridges
– turns sword’s blade into a purple disc, spinning and expanding rapidly around the user, can also be rotated in any direction; power AA+, range D, speed AAA, uses 2 cartridges
– (available in Full Drive mode) turns sword’s blade into a multitude of very long thin ribbons with extremely sharp edges which can be controlled in any manner; power AAA+, range A, speed S, uses 5 cartridges
– (available in Full Drive mode) turns sword’s blade into an almost invisible cloud spreading around the user which can produce a multitude of extremely sharp bolts and launch them at any number of targets; power AAA+, range AA, speed S, uses 5 cartridges
– conjures a multitude of purple energy orbs (witnessed up to 20), usable for spying and as homing projectiles; power AA (each orb), range AAA, speed C (AA when launched)
Tränen des Himmels
– (Ancient Belka spell?) makes multiple drops of blinding light fall over a wide area, causing powerful explosions; spell has divine properties; power S, range AA, speed D-, uses 10 cartridges
Rachen der Hölle
– (Ancient Belka spell?) makes a huge vortex of dark energy appear at the chosen location, devastating its surroundings; spell has dark/chaos properties; power S+, range AA, speed D-, uses 10 cartridges
– (available in Full Drive mode) stabs the target with the regular sword’s blade, which disintegrates injecting the nanomachines inside the target; the nanomachines destroy target’s structure at the molecular level until it ceases to exist completely or nanomachines run out of energy, get neutralized etc.; the blade needs a considerably long time to regenerate after the spell’s usage; power AA (for initial stab, overall impossible to estimate adequately), range D, speed A, uses 10 cartridges
I finished reading Sarah’s entry and stopped before opening the next file, analyzing what I had seen.
The information on Anatoly was the most precise, but there was nothing surprising about that. His position as Head Combat Instructor obliged him to reveal his techniques.
The rest was more interesting. For both Mirian and Sarah no spells used solely by Phantoms during their encounter with AX were mentioned. Most probably this approved that they had no solid clues to our involvement after all, though could still have some suspicions.
Another thing about Mirian was the way how true forms of her summons were mentioned despite the fact she had never used them. It could only mean that those who wrote the profiles had access to the information about the year between her being retrieved by TSAB and officially joining Intelligence Department. True information, I should’ve said. Very well, that’d be good to know.
Then there was Ramsus. Some of his spells were missing but it was understandable, as he wasn’t known to show them off much. On the other hand his regeneration abilities weren’t widely known either, yet they got mentioned. The profiles’ authors could probably have more information about Ramsus’ relation to the Shepherd Project. There were still the files with background details ahead, so I decided not to make conclusions too fast.
And the last was Sarah. I couldn’t help smiling reading her part. Mind control abilities? Tsk, keep guessing. Though she was indeed a telepath, like all S’Zet, I could never imagine that a statement in a serious profile would be based on rumors. Next considering her divine and chaotic magic Ancient Belka? Keep guessing again. Despite S’Zet connections to the Saint Church there would be no reason to resurrect that art of magic, at least not from their point of view. Of course more spells were missing from the list. And there were not a single line about the kinds of gadgets you could expect to face encountering Sarah. A serious incompleteness for the profile, I’d like to say. Lastly a not so obvious thing, but I awaited it to be found out by the Tripartite. Seemed like I was overestimating them. Sarah’s body was literally stuffed with nanomachines, increasing physical strength, perception, endurance, and what not, I’d bet she had some to keep looking young with age. Yet the profile said nothing about it. Well, probably S’Zet appeared to be harder to get information about.
After this pause I opened the next file, which was also the last one.
Combat Capabilities: Serge Romardo
; Defensive Combat mode –
; Offensive Combat mode –
; Full Drive form –
Aether Origin Sovereign
; True form –
Aether Origin Transcendent
(unconfirmed); has a humanoid form; doesn’t use cartridges
Note: putting enough effort Serge can combine regular magic with Flow Manipulator abilities
– forms invisible threads out of magic particles capable of influencing the magic around them in different ways (dispersing magically created objects, redirecting spells, setting up alarms, even binding mages wearing BJ; confirmed to be effective against up to S+..SS ranked spells); threads start shining gold when they reach higher density; threads don’t affect physical objects without relation to magic; thread passing through a human’s body will cause minor discomfort; Moon Form increases total available length, Sun Form increases appearance and movement speed, Sovereign Form provides unlimited length, instant appearance and movement at the velocity of light in medium
– sets up an array of threads in the surrounding area; set up threads don’t need further concentration to be maintained and may be activated to their maximum density instantly, but the movement of individual threads becomes slower; Sovereign Form allows instant summoning of Aether Web
– makes the density of magic particles in a chosen volume fluctuate rapidly, causing severe disorder to surrounding magic; destructive effect is more powerful than Aether Thread can provide, but it lacks diversity (confirmed to disperse up to S+ ranked spells); target must be reachable by hand, in combat modes effective range is ~10 m, in Sovereign Form – line of sight
– passive ability allowing to predict the appearance and actions of magically created objects by analyzing the movements of magic particles; usually spell’s type and targets are predicted the moment the casting starts; in Sovereign Form prediction of mages’ movements are possible; on rare occasions allows to read thoughts of magic users
– (available with Moon and Sovereign forms) forms a pattern opposite to the incoming spell using magic particles; as a result the spell is repelled exactly in the direction it was coming from (confirmed to fully repel up to S+ ranked spells); much more powerful effect than using Aether Threads but can only have single target; in Sovereign Form up to 5 targets at the same time
– (available with Moon and Sovereign forms) raises the density of magic particles in a hemisphere around the user to the point that all magically created objects trying to enter it are stopped in midair and being hold still (confirmed to fully stop up to S+..SS ranked spells); requires considerably long time to cast, duration may vary; in Sovereign Form activation is instant
– (available with Moon and Sovereign forms) performs a powerful burst of magic particles in a close area around the user (~2 m radius) causing tremendous disorder to all affected magically created objects (most will disperse instantly; confirmed to disperse S+ class BJ with ease); spell is quite exhausting; in Sovereign Form effective radius is ~20 m
– (available with Sun and Sovereign forms) forms a single thick thread (like a whip) out of magic particles which can be swung at will in any direction; the whip is able to disperse or distort magically created objects upon contact (offensive spells as well as barriers); any amount of force can be applied by the user to every point of the whip, allowing it to squeeze a spherical barrier for example; it’s quite capable of ripping a BJ with a single hit (estimates for Sun Form: power S+..SS, range A, speed S); no physical damage is inflicted but if a defenseless person is hit by it the pain from received magical damage will be about the same as in case of actually being cut in half; in Sovereign Form up to 5 whips can be created at the same time
– (available with Sun and Sovereign forms) in Sun Form launches the device as a projectile towards the target; regardless of the attack being successful or not the device returns back to its user; the device’s surface is coated with magic particles in high density causing it to rip through magically created objects on its path and inflict both physical and magical damage (estimates for Sun Form: power AA(physical) to S+..SS(magical), range A, speed AAA); in Sovereign Form each Spear can be launched separately
– (available with Sovereign form) as soon as the spell is initiated Serge loses all other abilities; instead he becomes able to shape any amount of magic particles instantly into any desired form and make them follow any moving pattern at the velocity of light in medium (unconfirmed to be ever used)
– forms a round barrier in the chosen direction, power AAA
– forms a protective dome around the chosen area, power AAA
– forms a magical wall in the chosen location, power AAA
– creates long white daggers suitable for different uses: close range melee weapon, controlled medium range weapon, long range projectile etc.; number of created daggers may vary greatly (confirmed up to ~100), but the larger the number the less precise can be the control over them; daggers inflict almost completely physical damage; power AA (each dagger), range A, speed AA
– creates a single white lance launched straight into target; the lance inflict almost completely physical damage; power AAA, range AA, speed B (AAA when shot)
– binds the opponent with ivory chains; it’s possible to physically hurt the bound person by tightening the grip, power AA, range C, speed A
– shoots a single white arrow with great precision and power; inflicts almost completely physical damage; power AAA+, range AA, speed D (S when shot)
I smirked closing the file with my name on it. Despite all the details being mentioned those who created the profile still missed a lot. They even knew about Aether Origin’s humanoid form, yet didn’t add anything regarding Unison mode. Judging from this, I could at least consider my nearest circle of acquaintance safe enough for the further advancement of my plans. Everything looked pretty good so far, maybe even too good?
I made a notice of this anxious thought and decided to analyze the whole thing once more after reading the last part. The files with background details concluded the report. I wondered if the information inside could bring any surprises.
Anatoly’s ancestors come from the 97th Non-Administrated World and belong to the Russian nobles.
About 300 years ago a Lost Logia with the powers of interdimensional travel was discovered and used by them.
It also awakened its first user’s magical powers, and since then they’ve been carried on to his descendants.
Anatoly’s family joined Mid-Childian military before the foundation of TSAB, and later supported its development providing some of the best combat mages for the Ground Forces.
Anatoly was first taught magic when he was 6 and since 7 years old he was trained as a combat mage.
Despite his family’s efforts Anatoly grew up as an individualist and strived to stand out among his relatives. He was the first member of the family to become an Enforcer instead of joining the Ground Forces as a regular officer.
Anatoly showed himself as an excellent fighter and tactician and quickly achieved the status of a unit’s commander.
Under Anatoly’s command his unit became one of the elite but was also considered one of the most dangerous to join.
Anatoly always planned the missions to reach the goals with the least risk and at the same time in a way that individual failures of the unit’s members had minimal impact on general chances of success.
He believed that each soldier was personally responsible for his own life and never helped his subordinates get out of trouble if they caused it themselves. He despised deliberate self-sacrifice the most and followed the motto “live and let die” in such cases.
He had multiple issues with the higher-ups regarding several deaths of his unit’s members during missions but he was never proven guilty.
On Anatoly’s last mission as an Enforcer his unit got into enemy trap due to false military intelligence provided to them. Anatoly considered this his fault and ordered his men to break through and escape while he was going to attract enemy attention. However his teammates disobeyed the order and all stayed to fight alongside their commander. In the end Anatoly remained the sole survivor of the battle.
After that he resigned from his position and joined the Intelligence Department as Combat Instructor, later promoted to Head Combat Instructor thanks to his great experience.
When Serge joined Intelligence Department he was trained by Anatoly. The Instructor noticed that Serge never used his full potential during training and was determined to push him to his limits. This finally lead to a mock battle between them which resulted in Serge’s victory, though he was forced to use Aether Origin’s combat forms for the first time (also after the battle 70% of Intelligence Department’s training grounds had to be rebuilt).
Since then Anatoly kept close contact with Serge and is probably the person closest to be called Serge’s friend.
In the last year Anatoly joined Special Section D as Serge’s first assistant.
Mirian El Meyruun
Mirian El Meyruun
Mirian was born in a world where summoners were the most common type of mages.
She was a part of world-wide governmental eugenic program aimed at the creation of the ultimate mage who could bring any mental image into reality.
As an intermediate step of the program she was supposed to give birth to the next generation child at the age of 14.
At that point an incident occurred when her powers supposedly got out of control and caused sudden cataclysms all over the world which totally destroyed its population.
Mirian was miraculously saved but everybody else on the planet died, including her newborn child.
Soon she was picked up by TSAB patrol battleship which arrived after detecting a large time-space anomaly that accompanied the world’s demise.
Mirian spent 1 year physically and mentally recovering under the supervision of TSAB medics. After that she was considered completely healthy except the fact that she couldn’t have children anymore.
Despite potential danger she could possess, Mirian was allowed to live on her own and join TSAB on regular terms as she wished. She chose Intelligence Department.
It’s unconfirmed when she was first contacted by Serge but when she became a member of Intelligence Department Mirian was immediately transferred to Special Section D and became one of his assistants.
As a child Ramsus was found in Mid-Childian sewers by a TSAB clerk and brought to an orphanage. His age at that time was estimated as 5 years old.
Since childhood Ramsus appeared to possess considerable magical powers and exceptional intellect.
At the age of 8 he joined TSAB military, in 2 years became Junior Investigator of Intelligence Department and got promoted to Investigator when he was 14.
Since then he suddenly stopped aiming for further promotions and devoted himself to hunting wanted criminals.
In doing so Ramsus built up a lot of connections among all kinds of bounty hunters as well as in the world of crime. He also earned quite a bad reputation in TSAB for his cruel methods of action and extremely demanding attitude towards his subordinates.
He got acquainted with Serge 4 years ago and since the creation of “Vanguard” was one of his closest assistants.
Ramsus is determined to shed the light on his past and origins, which seem to be connected to the Shepherd Project – an attempt to hasten the evolution of mankind. However no clear links were found, as all the information about the Project was lost when it was closed due to the stop of funding.
Sarah lost both of her parents 11 years ago during an accident with the testing of experimental weapon based on the gravimetric technology.
Since then she remained the head and the only true member of S’Zet family – one of the richest and most influential independent organizations known to TSAB.
For centuries S’Zet devoted themselves solely to scientific research, but Sarah started to gradually increase the involvement of S’Zet in politics by raising their level of influence inside TSAB as well as strengthening their military.
S’Zet are also suspected to secretly provide sponsorship to multiple underground organizations, mostly involved with development of forbidden technologies. However such connections are almost impossible to confirm.
From the moment Sarah joined TSAB herself she almost immediately became the Head of Intelligence Department’s Research and Development Section and was paying a great deal of attention to the research of Lost Logia.
Apparently she was acquainted with Serge since his retrieval from Haiid 10 years ago, being involved with the investigation of his device.
The status of their relationship since then is unclear but she accepted Serge’s proposal to join Special Section D and is currently his second assistant.
“Impressive,” – I sighed, - “What a pile of bulls**t. I expected at least these profiles to be more revealing, but it seems they didn’t go much further than those in public TSAB archives. Can’t count on seeing anything of interest in my profile then, I guess …”
I opened the last file.
/* Timeskip */
I closed the profiles of
’s members and settled back in the huge chair. It was hard to notice in the darkness but the whole room was furnished in an aristocratic style that would rather suit some nobleman of the XVIII century in my home world but not the captain of an interdimensional battle cruiser. I didn’t know whose idea it was and never cared enough to ask, but if we ever turned this ship into our permanent base of operations I’d immediately choose any other apartment as my own. Hopefully they were not all like this.
I thought about the information I’ve seen in the profiles. The Tripartite surely knew quite a lot, and they probably had even more considerations without clear evidence so far. But still they obviously had not enough. If they learned at least everything I knew there would be no way we could act as freely. Most likely I should thank all the problems that rained upon their heads lately for keeping them busy. Speaking of which, that was exactly the thing the second part of the report was about.
I opened the file that contained the latest information on the Relic case. I tried my best to prevent Intelligence Department from interfering with Scaglietti’s plans, and it seemed like we were finally going to see what he was aiming for. Judging from the report he has almost finished the preparations to start acting seriously. Nothing worthwhile could come out of capturing him prematurely, only allowing his plans to reach completion would reveal his true motives and the people behind him. Besides-
The heavy wooden door opened with creaking. This reminded me of the stupidity of the room’s designers again. At least the door had to be changed to a regular sealed one as soon as possible.
“Good afternoon, Sarah”, - she and Anatoly were the only ones allowed to enter my room without notifying me beforehand, and Anatoly was currently not on board.
“Good afternoon, sir. I-“
I didn’t turn my head but by the way she stopped short I understood that she glanced at my monitor.
“-the recent report”, - I finished instead of her.
“Is this for real? Does the Headquarters know?”
“Most probably not”, - I answered lightly, - “They’d act a bit different if they knew, I think.”
“That guy … is he preparing for war? Looks like he’s ready for something big … and in the nearest couple of days I suppose.”
“Considering the rumors about that Prophecy coming from the Church … it could be a real threat to the Bureau. No, probably even the GDI will have to be notified.”
“The Prophecy, huh? Even if they can take a look at the future, it is useless. Humans can control their lives, but nobody can control his Destiny. And about the report – sorry, but I can’t share this information with everyone.”
“You see, it would put my source in danger unnecessarily.”
“Your source? So it didn’t come from our usual agents?”
“Of course not. To track someone like Scaglietti … let’s say I’ve never lost my connections to the world of crime.”
“I understand, sir”, - she made a pause, - “But will we simply sit here and let TSAB be attacked?”
“Just when did you become concerned about well-being of TSAB, Sarah? Shouldn’t you rather wish the Doctor best of luck? Or was I wrong about the reason you joined Intelligence Department?”
“No, that’s not it …”
“Aah, I see. I’m sorry. Here.”
I threw a memory crystal to Sarah without looking. Despite being in almost complete darkness she caught it easily.
“I’ve just deleted all the information from our databases”, - I said, - “So this memory crystal holds the last copy. Do it with your own hands. In a way you’re holding the Destinies of many, including myself and probably the whole TSAB. Deal with it as you wish, but no matter what you choose it will still be the only possible outcome.”
For some seconds there was silence.
“Yes, with my own hands”, - I heard her whisper, and then the sound of crystal shards hitting the floor.
“I knew you would understand”, - I turned to her for the first time, - “Besides, we’re not going to stay out of it completely. You certainly know that RF6 won’t avoid being involved in this mess, right?”
“Yes, they will surely have to confront Scaglietti’s forces, sir.”
“We’re honoring our agreement and will not interfere without their inquiry, which I’m quite sure we will never get. But if RF6 ceases to exist the agreement will also be cancelled. In this particular case there are a couple of things I wouldn’t like to get into Scaglietti’s hands, so we will have to act quickly.”
“Shall I ready our troops?”
“No, that won’t be necessary.”
“We will use the battle cruiser. Keep the main cannon charged in warp mode, minimal power – we’ll only need a radius of several city blocks.”
“You’re going to fire the Arc-Warp at the capital?!”
“It’ll be alright if we have enough evidence that we had no other choice. For that we’ll need to observe the event closely, so increase the amount of surveillance cameras in the area. You’re the first whom I told about this plan, are you with me, Sarah?”
I looked into her eyes, waiting for the answer.
“I trust your judgment, sir. Everything will be done.”
“Thank you. There’s a chance we won’t need to use this but we must be ready for everything.”
“I will be going then.”
Sarah stepped towards the door when it seemed to me that I heard some sound from the corridor.
“Did you hear that?!” – I stood up, - “Is someone behind the door?”
“No, but-“ – she kicked the massive door open and darted outside, - “ … it’s empty.”
“Could it be my imagination?” – I wondered, - “Anyway, this door will have to be changed.”
I wanted to add that I would like the rest of the furniture changed as well.
“Did you dislike my choice of the furniture?” – Suddenly asked Sarah in a sad voice.
“Your ..? Well, I guess we can find another time to talk about this. See you tomorrow, Sarah.”
“Till tomorrow, sir.”
I returned to the chair and closed my eyes. Was someone able to hear our conversation? Should it worry me? In any case, if this person was on board of Niddhogg this shouldn’t cause any problems – everybody here is absolutely loyal to Sarah. For now I can only wait. A lot of things shall become clear very soon.
Yes, nobody can control his Destiny.
Nobody can change
Last edited by An Hero in Disguise; 2007-08-10 at
An Hero in Disguise
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by An Hero in Disguise