Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Character Creation and Discussion
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2007
Those segments of yours, USB, rather...foreboding, might I say. Dark times lie ahead for Solo Wing Zero, I must say...
And on another note, before the Lettermen, and even before Marc, I had this character drawn out:
Age: Looks to be 15 (creation date unknown.)
Hair colour: Blonde
Eye colour: Celadon
Affiliation: Knightly Order of the Holy Belkan Empire
Home world: 3rd Administered World -- Ristio
Device: Libelle (Dragonfly)
Device appearance: rapier
Magic System: Neo Belka
Magic symbol: triangle
Magic element: ice
Magic colour: aquamarine
Appearance: Alaeith wears a yellow and black barrier jacket on almost all occasions- when seen in civilian wear, he is usually wearing a long sleeved shirt with navy blue trousers.
Personality: he has a ‘slacker’ attitude, but will get the job done when needed. He also has something of a liking towards Vita, and has a habit of treating her like a ‘little sister’, so to speak.
"So I come from a world different from yours...does that really matter?"
Alaeith originated from the world of Ristio, created as a guardian of the Libram of Devotion, the Book of Darkness' counterpart. Having the appearance of a fifteen year old boy, he abandoned his duties as a guardian to explore the worlds beyond his, much to the chagrin of his comrades.
On his travels across the multiverse, he came across Belka, home of the Knightly Order of the Holy Velkan Empire, coming across this world not too long after the Book of Darkness incident, after visting Mid-Childa and a selection of other worlds.
He was enthralled by the Knightly Order, and had an aim to set for himself- to become a member of it. In his time in Velka, he honed his swordsmanship and speed, gaining the nickname of Schneewespe, due to both his speed and the color of his barrier jacket- yellow and white. (Yup, slight color change.)
He has a liking to the Wolkenritter, and respects them to a high degree. He has a certain liking towards Vita, who he treats very much like a sister.
He has no familiar, but operates alongside Ratiel and her group. Even so, he tends to be something of a loose cannon, and sometimes goes it alone. He is protective of his allies, however.
He does, however, despite his calm nature, hold a grudge with someone, namely Kha der Kleriker, who looks upon him with scrutiny for casting his duties aside. Alaeith just bears with it.
In his induction into the Knightly Order, he was also looked down upon by some other knights, namely those who had suspicion of warriors from Ristio- Alaeith soldiered on, nonetheless.
He is a B rank mage, his Linker Core holding a good amount of power. This, combined with his speed in battle, makes him stand out in combat. It has been his speed and skill in wielding his rapier Device, Libelle, that has gotten him out of many a bad situation and defeated others in the process.
"We're all fighting for one thing, pal- a brighter future for this world and others. And that's a goal I've been wanting to fulfill for some time now."
Alaeith is loyal to his allies, and will carry out his duties with due course. However, he is also something of a loose canon at times, going it alone on certain operations and also risking his life, much to the worry of Ratiel and the others. He has a habit for coming out of said situations rather unscathed, but he still chooses to take one too many risks.
He understands that he, and others, must do what they can, and fight for their own beliefs. He sees battles as something that he has to do, and views them as part of his protocol- he does, however, respect the skill of certain foes he faces.
Due to his grudge with Kha, he finds it hard to converse with him, despite encouragement from others to make amends.
Alaeith's barrier jacket is white and yellow in color, taking the form of a white trench coat with yellow trim on the lower section and on the sleeves and collar. A yellow Belkan Cross is also emblazoned on the back of the coat. He wears a black gauntlet glove on his right hand, to enable him to wield Libelle as quickly as he usually does, though, without the glove, he is rather fast in strikes, nonetheless. His boots match the color of his trenchcoat, and are half yellow, half white in color.
"Libelle...Dragonfly. The winds of battle in rapier form."
Libelle takes the form of a rapier. Alaeith has honed his skills with it over the years, and his agility in using it is second to none. The Device itself is rather light, allowing Alaeith to perform quick flurries of strikes or single quick movements and attacks in combat. Libelle became quickly liked when Alaeith first used it years ago, and the Device is still well-liked by him to this day. To put it simply, Libelle is, as Alaeith himself says, "the perfect weapon to suit my style."
Alaeith has a rather distinctive style of fighting, primarily due to the form of his device. He opts for speed, preferring several or single quick strikes in place of heavy attacks. His agility in battle is superb, and it is this that has gotten him out of many a tricky situation.
* Knight Armour: a yellow and black trench coat, with matching boots of the same colour and a gauntlet glove for Alaeith’s right hand.
* Triangle Shield: blocks all magical attacks coming from one direction with a triangular barrier, much like Fate’s or Nanoha’s Round Shields.
* Nachladen: this is not an attack, but refers to Libelle’s procedure of reloading a cartridge.
* Explosion: also not an attack; Libelle says this when using cartridges, similar to the English-speaking devices’ “Load Cartridge”.
* Panzer Hindernis: creates a domed shield that protects against everything in Alaeith’s field of vision, but fails to protect against attacks coming from behind. Translated as “Tank Barrier”.
* Pferd: briefly boosts Alaeith’s speed by summoning up a localized wind effect focused on his feet. Translated as “Horse Speed”.
* Schmutzvogel: Alaeith’s first attack. Translated as “Dirty Bird”.
* Eis Welle: Alaeith swings Libelle in a horizontal or vertical arc, forming an ice projectile in the form of a wave which is then hurled at any foe. Translates to “Ice Wave”.
* Gletscher Zorn: an instant cast, variably ranged spell that can be fired off in rapid bursts at instant speed or charged for a narrower, defence-piercing and highly accurate shot. Rune circles like Nanoha’s shooting mode appears along the sword when the spell is activated. Alaeith points Libelle forward, a circle of runes forming around the tip of the blade and firing off a series of shots imbued with the power of ice. The usage of more cartridges amplifies the power of blast. Translated as “Glacier Fury”.
* Licht Schwert: this spell, at its lowest level of power usage, requires no cartridges to keep it active. It transforms Libelle’s blade into a beam of light, thereby forming it into a thinner but more potent blade. With an increase in power level, more cartridges must be used for Alaeith to maintain the spell. (@Kha- since I did plan with him to be with Kha for some time, although this might require yours/USB's consent, same with his background, I did think of him "learning" this spell of of him as a derivative thing, but...
* Aurora: Alaeith summons all magic residue left over from attacks previously used into his sword, and grants it with the power of the blizzards themselves, delivering either one or a series of rending slashes imbued with the blizzard’s strength, able to rend foes limb from limb, and distort the area-of-effect radius. He also names this skill Aurora for the coloured trail Libelle leaves behind after swings. This technique is very taxing on his magic power, and he himself has vowed to only use it in situations that are most dire.
Quotes by Alaeith added in, too.
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dream_Traveller
Find More Posts by Dream_Traveller