View Single Post
Old 2007-08-14, 16:54   Link #43
avmoghe

Quote:
You probably think something like SEED or GSD is romantic because of fanservicey coupling things rather than the real contextual value it has in this series...
Part of Seed is indeed fan service and romance... what makes me like Seed so much is the portrayal of hate based on immutable human characteristics. Make no mistake... genetic engineering is going to be upon us within the next fifty years..

I'll make no claims about Destiny.. since I've never said its among my favorites...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
If you think Turn A is $hit sobeit, but I refuse to suppress my natural intellect to engage you much further in a debate where your base-opinion is that of not even acknowledging Gundam as something that's even suppose to have a decent plot or characterization (Your ground-zero is sad IMHO)...Sorry man, but honestly most of your arguments simply fail to me...Your understanding of context is really bad, so please don't ever watch Turn A again, not with those eyes because your not watching a fresh new series, you're watching your misplaced expectations turn to crap...
Rest assured I will never watch Turn A again.....I'm not sure what put the idea into your head that I may even consider doing this (given my tone in this thread).

We are simply talking on different levels... I expect my shows to make sense in a real and concrete way, while you fawn over the alleged symbolism and artistic expressionism. Either way, I suppose you should be able to understand why I absolutely love the Wire.... incredibly complex plotting, no "layers" of character that I must appreciate in order to understand the tale...etc..

Either way, its been fun
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote