View Single Post
Old 2004-02-26, 16:57   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Hey if they want to release on IRC for a day before they make a BT release, then who cares? If you can't figure out how to use mIRC then, just wait one bloody day! If it is so important that they can't wait a day, then they will figure out how to use an XDCC bot. Personally it doesn't bother me at all, because...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoroshiyaX
It is still the preferred method for those who can use IRC, since you get an instant send almost immediately, and completed at a fraction of the time it takes to complete a BT download.
Explain this unjustified assertion, please.

Gee, if I didn't know better, I might think you were an egosubber trying to get people to join your channel so you could epenis++.
I usually go onto IRC to get the latest releases of the big groups with fast XDCC bots. It usually takes me about a half-hour or so to download it, then I run BT and become a seed because the torrent still only has the seeds that it started with. Personally, I find it a real kick to become a seed when everyone else is still stuck at only 35% and slowly crawling towards completion. That does support his assertion to your satisfaction?

Actually I have to confess that it wasn't this easy to download on IRC before the advent of BitTorrent. The queues used to be horrendous, but with BitTorrent taking the brunt of a release, downloading has become easy and often queueless.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote