View Single Post
Old 2007-08-28, 06:19   Link #195
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
another season after strikers...may be possible, but it depends on how the ending goes, whether they leave it open ended or not.
It's hard to say, but many elements do point to another season being highly probable.

Firstly, sad to say, StrikerS was not epic. There is little dynamic and drama in any mage-rivalry/conflict whatsoever. Not to mention rather than introducing similar dynamics, they went for the downplayed route, where the Aces are weakened through AMF and massive numbers rather than being played on the par game.

In my opinion, a true completion to Nanoha would never hold back anything, but it's clear from StrikerS they're holding back a lot of things. I mean, if it weren't for AMF and stuff like that, is there any SINGLE one in the antagonist on par with the Aces? Even S+ Zest suffered from the weakening/incompability thing, that downplayed his true abilities.

Not to mention there's a sheer lack of genuine drama going on. Aside from Vivio, Ginga and Mid-childa under a timebomb, was there ANYTHING else worth caring about? There was little emotional investment for both parties, and the diversity behind it, was honestly, horrible. In terms of befriending drama, Agito and Zest are probably the best developed of the cast from a solitary standpoint, and that tells you HOW horrible the development is.

StrikerS is a good show. I won't deny that. But many aspects of it, honestly, are very very underwhelming.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.