View Single Post
Old 2007-10-12, 12:00   Link #65
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

For me it was quite a mixed bag of surprises. On one hand, I liked a lot the slower pace and more focus on character development that the first half saw. I liked a lot the Stars Squad characters and their inner conflicts, and since they were the ones that got the main focus for the most part, it was all the better for me. I found the overall setting and universe to be very interesting, and it further develops on what the previous two seasons had presented us. The villians, while underdeveloped for the most part, received quite a good characterization for the most part, so it becomes kinda forgivable. The characters that received the lower end of the sticks where the ones that interested me the least so that wasn't much of a turn down for me as it was for other people. Overall, I wouldn't mind seeing another season even if it focused more and more on Subaru's and Teana's characters. They were the highlight of this season to me.

The mediocre: Overall, the action and character development scenes for the rest of the characters were up to par with many other shounen series. That is, their characterization was quite bland. The story, while it was well foreshadowed lacked execution.

The bad: The. direction.sucked. badly. I think the only ones that didn't know the season was only supposed to be 26 episodes long where the storyboard and scrip writers. They were only notified till episode 15, where the series went under a FAST FORWARD transformation, and lost many of the qualities that had me appreciate it during the first half.

So overall, it was a mediocre series with some big pluses, namely Subaru and Teana that makes it more memorable to me. The numbers weren't quite bad either, and whiel they could have benefited for some more screen time, I liked it with what they had. The character interactions, bar the lighting squad-lutecia part were quite good as well. So, it gets a 6 for being mediocre, +1.5 for the points I metioned.

7.5/10 for me