View Single Post
Old 2007-11-23, 20:46   Link #89
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
The battle was turning in their favor, Oz was no longer owning the battle like he did before, and if not for Moria they probably would have beaten Oz
Nope, it stayed the same.

Quote:
Luffy needed plot to save him from Moria... Moria had Luffy, Zoro, and Sanji captured and unconsious. all three of them were at his mercy
Actually Luffy had plot to beat Odz not Moria, LOL. Luffy had plot/chances and more help against Crocodile.

Quote:
1) Franky a Brooke were probably talking about raw power, not overall strength (overall strength is determined by more than just raw power)... brooke specially mentions physcial strength, which does not nessary include other elements like technique, skill, and so forth; other elements that determines a swordsman's OVERALL strength
2) Saying that Zoro and Ryuuma are of the same strength does not make much sence cause in the end Zoro won... even if you say that the swords had no influence in the fight, by your assumption that they are of same strength, the fight should have either ended in a draw, or at the least Zoro would be too worn out to move on to fighting Oz (kinda like how Luffy was so worn out he couldn't even move after his fight with Lucchi)... it's pretty obvious that Zoro was the better swordsman
3) it doesn't matter since Kunia's sword is one of the 21 legendary blades like Ryuuma's... your arguement is that Zoro has weaker swords, but the same strength as Ryuma and still won, but according to my logic Ryuuma should have won for having a better sword... however, as it turns out, Ryumma's sword and Kunia's sword are quite possibly on similar levels (kinda makes sence when you considering her sword was the only one not to be borken by Mihawk's attack); probably not the same level, but between the combined strength of Kunia's sword and the cursed sword the power comes close enough that it doesn't give Ryuma a clear sword advantage... that in addition to Zoro being the better swordsman still gives him the win

Oh By the way, i absolutly love how you completly IGNORED the rest of my post, specifically the quotes directly from Zoro that indicate that swords DO have strength of their own. care to go back and refute those?
No, Franky confirmed that Ryumma and Zoro is the same hence why it was a battle of endurance.

Again, you gave quotes of Zoro talking about the QUALITY of the blade not that it has RAW power of it's own and it shoots magical projectiles.

Quote:
ok... care to tell me where it is stated, by Oda, that a heavy hitter can NOT have a subordinate stronger than themself. and note, other heavy hitters not doing it is not evidence since as we saw, leaders in high places can be weak and yet have powerful subordinates. i'd like you to show me where it is said that a heavy hitter MUST BE the strongest in his crew. Last i checked, Oda never said it was impossible... hell the fact that he made Spandem the leader of CP9 an utter weakling when he could have made him a powerhouse like Lucchi is practially a way of showing that weaklings can lead power poeple around
CAUSE OF THE FACT THAT MORIA IS A SHICHIBUKAI!!!! HE HAD THAT BOUNTY AND STATUS BEFORE HE HAD ODZ! That's why.

Quote:
Ha... a little blood on his knuckles and Luffy is good and ready to horribly kick Croc around... Croc had a tough enough time dealing with normal Luffy, gear 2 Luffy would wreak him
Crocodile would drain Luffy dry!