View Single Post
Old 2004-03-17, 16:08   Link #11
Scooterboy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopy
Perfect timing, I needed a place to vent.

...but I figure they'd want to use the best footage they had to make the promo short so now I'm really worried. SO to sum it up, I feel that what makes the Midori manga great (as opposed to good) has been lost in the transfer from manga to anime. Of course that's based solely on the promo footage.
First off, thank you so much for your work on the manga! What an unbelieveable job you folks have done.

In regards to the transition from manga to anime, the animated medium definitely requires some trade-offs. The most obvious is that the character designs are vastly simplified. However, that is (to some degree) made up for with the addition of color. On the other hand, manga is limited by not having music or voice actors. I'm very pleased with the voice actor for Midori, she seems to fit the voice I heard in my head while reading the manga. I look forward to hearing the other characters as well.

I have high hopes for this show. The concept is pretty cute and there are a lot of possibilities for the anime. I won't mind too much if the anime strays from the manga--in my mind, they are supposed to be seperate stories. However, I *will* mind if they change the motivations and personalities.
Scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote