View Single Post
Old 2008-01-11, 14:41   Link #282
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The translations of the title are pretty varied. The Japanese "Ookami to Koushinryou" means literally "Wolf and Spice(s)". I think the idea is that Wolf is Horo and Spices is Lawrence.

But the official site gives an English subtitle of "Spice and Wolf," so that's what the English anime world is using. And there are Chinese sub groups giving it a subtitle of "Spicy Wolf" or "Spicy and Wolf."

I think "Spice and Wolf" is a good official standard, but "spicy wolf" describes Horo pretty well. Reminds me of Shugo Chara, where the heroine Amu is "cool and spicy."
I can see how the producers rendered Spice and Wolf. My japanese instructors always work backwards in sentence deconstruction when going from english to japanese. I tend to read ookamitokoushinryou as 'Wolf and Spice' but whatever... she's certainly a spicy little wolf
Quote:
On 2channel, they are only on their fourth thread (3000+ posts), but reaction to Amisuke's performance is almost uniformly positive. One guy did say that he felt her voice was not sexy enough, but he liked the performance anyway. Another said this proved how skillful she is as a VA.

For comparison, Gunslinger Girl 2 is on its ninth thread; true tears on its sixth; H20, Shigofumi, Rosario and Kimiaru on their 5th. But this show must have some special popularity: it already has an anti- thread. Posters there are mainly saying that the manga is un-anime-izeable, that it will be boring, and that the voices are unsuitable for the characters, especially Fukuyama Jun's voice.
O those wacky dysfunctional 2ch'ers.