View Single Post
Old 2008-01-12, 08:31   Link #327
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But NeoSam said that it's shounen here.

I don't think that it's the count. Chloe is still a peasant after all and that guy had a sad look on his face. A count would send a minion for her. The OP also shows her being carted off somewhere (1:03). Maybe that person is from the Church. There is another lady similarly dressed like that guy in the cart too.

Maybe we get to see the Church smackdown from Chloe's perspective.
I have been pretty busy and I just read the discussion about the target readership (shounen/seinen).

Lets go one step at a time:

1) What label is Ookami to Koushinryou light novels published under?

Dengeki Bunko

2) What's the target gender of this label?

Males

3) Target age of this label?

hmm... something between teenage boys to men in their twenties.

Don't be amazed, but that's the target readership of most of what many japanese sites refer to as 少年向けライトノベルレーベル --> light novel label for shounen (boy).

Shounen light novel labels that are mentioned here are aimed at that readership (teenage boys to men in their twenties).

Many great light novels came from these labels like these three male oriented labels:

Dengeki Bunko brought us: Allison, Baccano!, Shinigami no Ballad, Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan, Inukami!, Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu, Kino no Tabi, Lillia and Treize, Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo!, Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu, Ookami to Koushinryou, Shakugan no SHANA, Shigofumi ~Stories of Last Letter~, Starship Operators, Wagaya no Oinari-sama.

Sneaker Bunko brought us: Suzumiya Haruhi, Trinity Blood, Mushi-Uta, Rental Magica

MF Bunko J brought us: Zero no Tsukaima, Kamisama Kazoku, Kage Kara Mamoru!

Above I only mentioned three male oriented labels with some of their light novels that got animated. There are many great light novel labels for males that have lots of great light novels published under them , many of them not animated yet. oh please god, an anime adaptation of Toradora! (please please please LOL).

That's it. as for the manga, Dengeki Maoh is definitely a seinen manga magazine.

Anyway, hopefully this post clarifies the target readership of the Ookami to Koushinryou light novels.

Ahh also thanks CrowKenobi for those images