View Single Post
Old 2008-01-20, 22:31   Link #134
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Ok, I didn't read all of the posts up till now so if I repeat what others said, sorry.

This arc is truly depressing to me. I am so sad while watching this that I even had to get up and pause the episode a few times. Before I continue, it is depressing because of how TERRIBLE this became.
  • There is just something weird about this show that I couldn't put my finger on exactly till this episode. I would say that 65% of the character emotions are completely forced. Tomoya's sudden crying made me cringe.
  • The attitudes of certain characters are just mind numbing. Every time Nagisa or Ryou wants to help I feel like banging my head on the table.
  • Kotomi had zero emotional impact on me this episode. It was the same old crap already introduced from the last episode that was just added to a little more. OMG your parents really loved you, but from what I could tell in her flashbacks, they did and it was NO MYSTERY.
  • The sheer ridiculousness of the suitcase traveling around the world is laughable. Hey this is Japanese writing, lets send it to FRANCE!!! I don't know if this show is supposed to be about miracles like Kanon 2006, but there is a limit to ridiculousness.

This arc was better overall than the last one, but these last two episodes sent it completely downhill. I'm tired of these over dramatized scenes. If it were not for myself being so far in this anime and that I am more curious about the other two girls, I would throw this show on my dropped list.

EDIT: I rated this episode a 3/10.
The letter was written in English, if I recall correctly.

But yeah, I agree that the emotions seem forced sometimes. Would you say that this episode left you in despair?