View Single Post
Old 2004-03-22, 21:23   Link #7
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
I'd say I have a "middle view". A view that's both "preferred" and "oppositional".

Yasopp was a pirate before marrying Usopp's matter. A pirate is a pirate, and adventure calls him/her no matter what. Usopp's mother knew Yasopp would leave her someday, it would be impossible to keep him there.
Yasopp, even though being a horrible father, is a man who should be admired, a man who follows his own path. He's trying to teach Usopp to live in his own, and encouraging him to battle for his own dreams. All Yasopp did was follow his own dreams- and that's what Usopp is doing now.

Nami left her sister. Sanji left Zeff, his "master". Luffy left all the people in his hometown. Chopper left Dr. Kureha alone. In other words, they left their own family. Are they trash because of that? No. All they're doing is follow their own dreams. And that's what Yasopp is doing too. Like I said before, Usopp's mother may have known pretty well that Yasopp would leave her someday. Otherwise, she wouldn't have married him at all. Yasopp's a pirate, after all.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote