Old 2008-02-24, 01:53   Link #147
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1690 View Post
This is what I just read from Wikipedia on Kisuke Urahara:

Spoiler for Bleach - Kisuke Urahara History:

I think it is possible that this gigai he created was for Isshin Kurosaki, and this is the reason how Isshin managed to stay so long in the living world when he was a shinigami captain. This would explain how Masaki was able to physically see him (Masaki had no spiritual power as she was not able to see Grand Fisher when he attacked her and there's been no hint she ever had it). Of course, Isshin and Masaki met and eventually got married and had 3 kids. Isshin was so happy and in love w/ Masaki that he decided to quit his shinigami duties and remain in the living world forever.

Fast forward to the second attack of Grand Fisher on Ichigo (inhabited by Kon that is), and we see Isshin has regained some of his shinigami powers (he is seen with his shinagami captain robe after he has decided to finally abandon his gigai). I believe that sometime after Masaki died, Isshin started regaining his powers mainly because he felt he needed to in order to find and defeat the hollow that killed her wife (it may have taken very long for him to regain some of his power because he may have been a very strong captain, and this would also explain where Ichigo got all his power from and don't forget the speed at which Ichigo keeps improving).

Tell me what you think!
Well, it would certainly make sense. At least the part about the gigai. I don't remember much about Ichigo's mother, but overall I would say it's extremely plausable.