View Single Post
Old 2008-02-24, 18:15   Link #79
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I loved the middle part. I love NoexShin. That is real love and real life. Shin seems truly happy for the first time in the show (except for the brief time during which we saw him thinking that Hiromi loved him...) and Noe is a great psychological encouragement and support for him.
Disagreement here, on one part. Noe and Shin are super cute together, no doubt there. It even melts my ornery, cold broken heart
But I don't think it's close to real love. Shin is responding in a way that shows he likes what she gives him, not really who she is: a quirky, somewhat naive and immature girl. She may indeed care for him deeply, I have a hard time saying with her relatively young mindset. Regardless of whether she does or doesn't, the emotional support she gives is a very real thing and leaves him with dopey smiles in the morning and wild hair.

The difference is very fine, to be sure, but in the end that can break a relationship.

I'm with relentlessflame. Hiromi and Shin have a deeper emotional connection so far than Noe and Shin have shown. I'd still put her higher on the winners list.