View Single Post
Old 2008-02-26, 10:49   Link #6
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
Indeed. It totally sucks that we can buy a licensed, high quality and eminently collectable version of a fun and enjoyable anime. It completely devalues the anime itself, and just isn't fair.

Honestly, if you don't want to buy it, don't. I know I will be though - Bandai's prices are higher, sure, but their presentation and content is pretty damn good, and quite frankly, the lack of dubs isn't a turn off for me at all, nor would I suspect it would bother a majority of the visitors to this forum. If you really want a luxury item, you pay for it. I'm personally saying thanks to Bandai - I never thought sola would make it overseas, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to enjoy it again, and in a format I can share and watch in a comfortable environment.

-Andiyar
Not having a dub is good, because I doubt any serious anime watcher wants that. However, having a ridiculously high price kills the deal.

I want licensors to forgo the dub to keep prices low, not do less work and keep prices high anyway. As for "presentation and content," as long as they keep whatever was on the R2, that's good enough. I don't want R1 only extras, or R2 content cut out.

If region codes didn't exist, I would have imported the Japanese discs.