View Single Post
Old 2008-03-03, 17:52   Link #8
Z3120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Engima
I won't vote, I'll simply state the VGM artists I enjoy that are probably overlooked. Right now I can't do an extensive post but I'll give a few tidbits.
Now that you mention it, Hideyuki Fukusawa would be one very underappreciated VGM composer in my book. First heard of him from the first anime OST he did called Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto and instantly fell in love with his style. Then I later found out he did the Chaos Legion OST, and soon after, Onimusha: Dawn of Dreams. The style Hideyuki uses resembles that of Castlevania and Devil May Cry although I haven't played enough of both games extensively to make a clear judgment.

And I believe Yoko Shimomura has also done the Legend of Mana OST. Personally, I love Shimomura's work more in LoM than in the KH series. While I did like the music in the KH, it was only if the song wasn't an arrangement of any of the original Disney scores. The arrangements weren't bad as you wouldn't want to drastically change a classic score. Otherwise, when she did her own original pieces to KH, I very much liked them a whole bunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishiki
Daisuke Ishiwatarim because the Guilty Gear X OST is overall my favorite soundtrack.
Makes me wonder why rock and metal isn't used more often in video games.
I wonder myself sometimes too...
Z3120 is offline   Reply With Quote