View Single Post
Old 2008-03-13, 08:49   Link #2282
Kourin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshLikeSnow View Post
Regarding the Yuuno x Hatate thing though, in this fic I found it necessary for Yuuno to have someone he supposedly liked to increase the emotional impact on Nanoha. The thing is though that I had originally thought about putting Chrono, but then scrapped the idea because it seemed a bit random and hilarious in my mind, and it was meant to be a serious atmosphere. And so, with out many serious candidates otherwise, except pulling an OC out of my butt, I decided it would have to be Hayate. Not only is she the right age, she was in an ideal kind of relation to Nanoha for the implications to affect her... and I'm rambling again. lol
I would argue that putting Hayate into the picture lessens the impact. If Yuuno has someone he likes, it gives Nanoha no choice but to move on. in a sense, it is forcing nanoha's reconsideration not because of how she really feels but because there's no other option.

and IMO, forcing Yuuno x Hayate for the sake of a plot point shouldn't be done. everything was going nicely but when I read yuuno x hayate out of the blue, it stunned me for a moment, wondering why is it there? it's like forcing a joke at the cost of in-character-ness.
Kourin is offline   Reply With Quote