Old 2008-03-24, 05:56   Link #131
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

SOTM April

Next Theme

Dresscode: Female: Elegant/Ceremonial

Quote:
Ok, first off we're gonna change the theme a little bit. We're dropping the "formal" tag because it seems to be creating some confusion.

So the new theme is going to be Dresscode: Female: Elegant/Ceremonial.

The ground rules are basically going to be summed up as follows:

We want girls dressed pretty. But we want the clothing to be elegant, flowing, something you don't wear everyday.

So a maid uniform? No. Military uniform? No. Business suit? No. School uniforms? No.

We want ballroom dresses. Wedding gowns. Yukatas. Shrine gowns. Lace. Frilly things. Royalty clothing. Fancy stuff.

This doesn't mean that more modern clothing isn't allowed. We're not strictly saying that you can only have old style clothing. What we are saying is that the clothing has to be something that a girl would wear for a special occasion, and that the clothing must be flattering to the female form (without the ecchi aspect, we already had that contest).

If the clothing is mundane, something you might see used commonly, then it isn't what we want for this contest.

What we don't care about, is the setting of the image. It could be Clare in a wedding dress cleaving a Yoma in two. We don't care, as long as she looks elegantly dressed doing it.

Hope that clarifies things a bit. If not, ask away, and I'll attempt to clear up any confusion.
Some pictures with what i had in mind.

If you still have doubts or are unclear about the theme, feel free to ask here.
Or if you know exactly what i mean, and think i used the wrong words to desribe the theme feel free to enlighten me

If you have troubles with finding images you can use images out of this image pack i uploaded. It's a bit big, 89MB, but has 80 pictures in it or so.
Spoiler for preview of the imagepack:

Good luck to everyone in his SOTM

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders

Last edited by Sephi; 2008-03-27 at 12:12.