View Single Post
Old 2008-03-26, 05:10   Link #230
b0nyb0y

Great post again, relentlessflame. I'm in agreement with you on this.

To me, ep. 12 is all about Shin getting his feelings resolved (not situations, just feelings), while at the same time stir up the tensions inside Hiromi and Noe's hearts. It goes without saying that Noe is in confusion now, and Hiromi is feeling extremely insecure about Shin. As it is now, I expect Shin to help them to finally resolve their feelings in the next episode.

Since around the middle of the series, I got an idea that this series is all about main characters gaining courage to be true to themselves. If you look at it, we see the pattern here. At the beginning of the series, all of them were locked up inside their own emotional deadlocks and couldn't be true to themselves...
  • Shin wants to reach out to Hiromi, but he lacks confidence to do so, and Hiromi stayed too deep inside her shell that it's impossible for him to reach her. So he didn't be true to his feelings.
  • Hiromi wants to reach out to Shin, but because of the lies and abuse she's got from Shin's mother, she decided to seal it all away. She didn't be true to her feelings.
  • Aiko wants to reach out to Shin, but due to the fact that She went out with Nobuse, she didn't dare to say how she feels. Thus, she didn't be true to her feelings.
  • Jun wants to reach out to Noe, but because it's unacceptable to habor such feeling for her, he tried to avoid facing the fact that he's in love with her. So he didn't be true to his own feelings.
  • The complication about losing her granny and not being able to cry is also an indication of Noe not being 100% true to her own feelings either. (And later in this ep., how she handled the situation when realizing Hiromi's feelings and Jun's feelings in this episode also confirmed this. She knows she's sad, but she's holding it all back and ask herself if it's ok for a person like her to cry.)
As the series progress, with Noe played the role as a catalyst to the whole situation, one-by-one, each of the main characters broke free of their emo-deadlocks, be true to themselves, and cried as they revealed/accepted their true feelings. So to me, "true tears" is basically tears that accompany the act of being "true to oneself".

So, if we go by this interpretation, there are still two people who haven't cried their true tears yet: Shin and Noe. So, I believe this final episode shouldn't only be about Shin helping Noe and Hiromi resolve their feelings, but also about Shin being true to his feelings (and cry) as well. Maybe your question about whether Shin will or won't fly will be answered at the same time we get to see his tears.

The main concern I have now, though, is that there are still so many things that need to resolve in one single episode if they wanna go the "happy ending" route. I'm afraid the ending might turn out to be too rush. I just really do hope it won't turn out that way. This is one of the best series I've seen so far...

Last edited by b0nyb0y; 2008-03-26 at 05:28.