View Single Post
Old 2008-04-07, 06:39   Link #2314
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Vol. 4 CD Release Apparently Postponed

Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Vol. 4 CD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siegel Clyne View Post
The future of a third Rozen Maiden anime series remains up in the air. But the upcoming release of Vol. 4 in the Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i (Suigintou's It's Ennui Again, Tonight) radio CD series affirms the continuing popularity of one of its characters, Suigintou (aka Gin-sama aka Tanaka Rie).

CD Rozen Maiden Web Radio Bara no Kaori no Garden Party Bangai Hen Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Vol.4

Release Date: April 23, 2008

Animate Price: 2,940 yen (tax included)

According to professional illustrator Otoufu who has done work on Rozen Maiden for Rozen Maiden manga's former publisher Gentosha, the scheduled release of the Suigintou no Koyoi mo Ennu~i Web Radio Vol. 4 CD has apparently been postponed from Wednesday, April 23, 2008 to Wednesday, June 4, 2008.

Japanese voice actress (seiyuu) Ueda Kana is earning for a reputation for not only playing bitches in Japanese animation (anime), but for being a bitch in real life.

According to a Yahoo! JAPAN News article (via J-CAST News) dated December 15, 2008, 16:15 (4:15 PM) Japan Time, after a continuing and mounting barrage of criticism on the Internet and elsewhere for her comments about her "I want to eliminate from society" a middle-aged man whom she complained about being a nuisance aboard the train she was riding on the December 7, 2008 broadcast of the radio talk show she co-hosts with fellow voice actress Shimizu Kaori, Ueda was forced to apologize for what she said on the December 14, 2008 broadcast of their radio talk show.

Citing her "bouyomi" (literally, "stick reading"; "monotone reading") delivery, many listeners feel that Ueda's "apology" was half-baked and insincere, that she was making excuses for her speech and conduct in her explanation, and that she is a liar and cannot be trusted - her so-called apology, changing her story of the train incident (e.g., making the man sound much worse than she initially had*), etc.

*Ueda first only complained about the man littering trash on the train floor. After being bombarded by criticism, she said that the man was drunk and being verbally abusive.

As of the date and time of the news article, the storm of criticism over Ueda Kana continues brewing and unabated.

In addition to her "I wish to erase the oyaji from society" remark, Ueda Kana has been strongly criticized by many for concocting false charges of the man being a molester (chikan).

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2008-12-15 at 23:11.
Siegel Clyne is offline   Reply With Quote