View Single Post
Old 2008-04-09, 05:25   Link #103
Ending

Quote:
Anyways, in my honest opinion, I thought Mitsuki and Takayuki deserved to be together and although Haruka and Takayuki did date, and Haruka's time was stopped three years ago, Mitsuki is the better companion. However, the part that really, really bothered me was Mitsuki cheating on Takayuki with Shinji. I mean... come on how's this: "I cheated on you with your best friend". I understand Mitsuki was hurt and all, but she was half-sober and Shinji was Takayuki's best friend.
Same. After six episodes of wallowing in the same theme I was getting pretty bored, but Mitsuki's cheating came as a blow to everything I was expecting from the serie. Frankly, I got so disgusted with it that it didn't matter anymore how it would end, since that kind of a act was in no way justified. To her defence, though, I have to say that the protagonist was exceptionally impotent. He didn't only slack with holding on to what he got, but also allowed himself to be beaten up like a sorry dog!

So having two of the main-cast turn ugly is a disaster to the serie. I can't see what they authors were thinking with this pull: almost like they intentionally wanted to shoot their serie to the head. Very disappointing, really, since for a while the Mitsuki/Protagonist relationship looked refreshingly mature and real. If I could had chosen, I would had stopped the hospital melodrama at episode 5 and watched what happens when an old lover comes back after three years. How has she changed? How would the three of them cope? To name a few questions arising immediately after. But as it is, I would much rather cut a finger than watch the serie again.

Last edited by Ending; 2008-04-09 at 05:44.
Ending is offline   Reply With Quote