View Single Post
Old 2008-04-10, 03:22   Link #194
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PreSage View Post
But to throw something in, if a bite from a vampire does turn her into a vampire then why is Yuuki being so nonchalant about it? (More importantly, Zero didn't seem to care; in the case that a bite turns one, I would suspect he would be more disturbed). She even said, "...if it really was like in the legends, I would probably become a vampire."
Hm, good point. Thats why i said its hard for me to speculate without knowing how the vampire lore works here. But, here is a thought - being a vampire himself, it might not be impossible for Zero to have some insight regarding Yuuki's true self (assuming that is indeed the case and i am not just being delusional). If she is indeed something "abnormal"(which i find very likely) chances are high the headmaster would know and had informed Zero about some of the circumstances to avoid conflict/help cover the truth.

Now, about Zero - his family was slaughtered by vampires, and he was turned in to one obviously against his will. Only way i know how to achieve that is to get bitten by a vampire ... well there are always necromantic and other dark rituals, but i think we can safely rule those out and fiction generally doesn't use them anyway.

And consider this - if she indeed is a vampire (or a "doll"), that means the headmaster has been hiding the truth from her for various reasons (perhaps he wants her to live a normal life ? Perhaps her vampire self was so dangerous it had to be sealed? To protect herself from her past?). Now, given the environment she lives in, he must have considered the possibility of such accruing. We can also assume that all she knows about vampires as the "truth" has been told by the headmaster. If he indeed wants to conceal her true identity (be it a vampire or a "doll"), him telling her lies (to put it bluntly) to provide explanation for such situations is not unimaginable.

... or i might be completely in the left field, providing good material for the manga readers to laugh at. Who knows