View Single Post
Old 2008-05-08, 18:29   Link #20
DryFire
Panda Herder

1. Personality
1. Describe about yourself: I kill people for klondike bars
2. Do tell what you disgusted the most in fansubbing? People who fail at basic things like cropping and using non-fail containers like mkv.
3. Do tell any attributes you like about fansubbing? HD H264 in mkv with chapters. Drama.
4. What are your aliases or nicknames you've used in fansubbing? dryfire, df
2. Mission
1. Why do you fansub in the first place? I thought I could fail less than the massive failures that seemed commonplace when I started. Not sure if I succeeded.
2. Why do you continue fansubbing? People still fail...
3. When are you into fansubbing? When I'm bored/feeling lazy.
4. When do you start fansubbing? I started 2 to 3 years ago? who knows.
5. Define fansub or state the mission of the fansub To make the anime industry realize they fail hard and to generally piss people who take life too seriously off.
3. Groups
1. List your current group(s) and your position/job in that group(s) gg, and a few others with zero presence.
2. List the Group(s) you've worked with now Call me a groupwhore.
3. List the Group(s) you've worked with in the past They're dead.
4. Do you freelance? Always.
4. Projects
1. What kind of series (genre) do you enjoy working on? I don't usually watch what I work on (at least not with sound). As long as the artwork doesn't hurt my eyes I'm ok.
2. Do you work on any series that you don't like? If so, why working on them? See above.
5. Founder: Only if you start at least one group Who has time for that?
6. Jobs
1. What are your current fansubbing jobs Trying not to fail at encoding.
2. Which fansubbing jobs can you do encoding only, one trick pony here.

7. Other Plans

1. When are you planning to retire/quit from fansubbing? When I wake up one day and realize this is a waste of time.
2. Are you planning to train other novice fansubbers so that they'll be just as good as you are? I've helped people fail less at encoding, does that count?
3. Are you going to document everything what you did so that other people can get to know how to fansub better? I don't even take notes in school, so no.
DryFire is offline   Reply With Quote