View Single Post
Old 2004-04-09, 17:55   Link #23
Rosa_Gigantea

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
i can't consider myself an expert on marimite, but for what i've seen their relationships are not defined. Is very girly IMO that two girls go around holding hands,so the line is very, very blurry, and i think that makes their relations more interesting. Is just a really deep friendship, or does it cross the line??? is great to speculate about this subject, i have the impression that even at the end of the whole series we wouldn't be sure about it...

To make it simple, i think that Sei and Shiori are what you would consider yuri, while the other girls are ( for now...) just friends.

Is so great to have an all-girl school anime, now what we need is an all-boy school anime!...
There's Kaze to Ki no uta from the early 1970's that is said to be first shounen ai manga series or one of the earliest ones. It's by keiko takemiya and takes place in a french all boys school. There's a 40 minute oav that has been fansubbed too.

Someone else mentioned Koko wa Green wood. Rumors have it that viz has licensed the manga.

manga about boys in all boy school are not that hard to find in yaoi genre ^^;

anime wise:
Kaze to ki no uta
koko wa greenwood
Natsu e no Tobira (doorway into summer)

going back to girls , has anyone seen Brother dear Brother? it predates Maria-sama by about 25 or so years and was made into 39 episode anime in early 1990's . Similar concept about girls with strong feelings for other girls set in a sorority type setting. The difference is that the characters are not all that loveable as Maria-sama. They have ISSUES and some could benefit from some psychiatric counselling but I find it a very interesting and complex relationship and character driven story that crosses the friendshipg-shoujo ai line.