View Single Post
Old 2008-05-10, 02:55   Link #162
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
It will take pretty hard hate vote for a clannad character not to win. Its the complete darling to the american community, so it will likely get a very strong slant in its matches, so it will take a very strong anti Clannad vote from japan to swing matches in their favors. From last year as an indicator, it would seem that Nanoha and Higurashi have strong enough support in Japan to overcome the international fanbase for all things Kyoani. Although there could be split voting if it comes down to Clannad vs LS (if internationalsaimoe is an indicator, clannad will likely win easily)
International Saimoé does have a Korean Population, thanks to wontaek and his ambassador-ness to Anizone, so you can probably factor ISML around 20% to Korean Best Moe, but the Anime Saimoe Tournament of Japan is another story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
At the peak, Korean Best Moe Tournament have attracted close to 500 votes from 61 countries. Since nothing currently prevents ISML voters from voting in K. Moe, and the fact that large number of Koreans who votes in K.Moe participates in ISML, It is likely that whoever is in top 32 of current ISML will probably make it to top 32 in 2008 Korean Tournament as well.
And I fail for not reading ahead of time. I should have looked before I came and became redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
The luck of the draw makes it almost impossible to predict who will be in top 4, but I strongly believe any eligible character who makes it to top 8 of ISML will very likely also make it to top 8 in K. Moe. Only way they won't make it would be that they were knocked off in earlier round by someone who also made it to top 8 in ISML.
Although Japan is another story, I applaud wontaek for making this observation. ISML does have somewhat of the luck factor in the schedules, but its effect is minimized as each contestant goes against another, so ISML tests the moé strength of contestants. It should be noted that by the time ISML's seeded double-elimination tournament begins, Korea will be in the round of 64, so the targets will now be on the back of ISML's top 16.

Also, with Anizone aware of the fact that ISML exists, there will be extra motivation for contestants that are not in ISML's top 16. The qualifications will state that those making top 8 in Korea Best Moe among other tournaments will be pre-qualified for ISML 2009. (Though, I do have to change the rules page, which I hope to get done during Amethyst.)