View Single Post
Old 2008-05-12, 06:10   Link #146
herbert

Ranka is dynamic character while Sheryl is more of a round character. Ranka has changed a lot, while Sheryl just shows the depth of her personality, she is quite static until this moment in character progression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
What I find more interesting is that Ozma was warning Ranka to stop singing if things get weird - does he know of some connection to the Vajra and her voice that everyone else doesn't? Or is he telling her to get to safety instead of trying to be Minmay should the Vajra attack again? Well, that and having Bobby immediately cringe at Ozma's statement and his quick retreat - it seems he's quite genre savvy and knows that was a jinx.
I think you get his words wrong. What he says is that Ranka is 16 already, and one more year she will be an adult so he can't forever take care of her like a baby. Having said that, he quickly adds that this, however, doesn't mean Ranka is allowed to do any kind of weird thing or he will call a halt to Ranka's singing career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And as I said, he didn't have to say he was with Sheryl.
That is quite simple, Ranka just digs a hole for herself. She doesn't understand Alto wants to end that topic as soon as possible. What would be a quicker way to end it than simply answering YES to Ranka's badly worded question?