View Single Post
Old 2008-06-04, 01:21   Link #1056
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
It gives me horror, because:

1. If Obama wins due to the Clinton voters, we're in for a even messier world of higer food prices and protectionism.

2. If Obama loses, Clinton would go down with him.
I'm still trying to figure out how renegotiating some details of treaties translates into "protectionism and higher food prices", especially when those details benefit only multi-national corporations rather than the workers on both sides of the borderline.

I *am* certain that McCain will give us 4 more years of the utterly failed and bereft of moral compass disaster that the Bush Plan gave us (while Bush's cadre filled their pockets from the Treasury without oversight and regulatory agencies were gutted). Why? Because he says so and he's only mitigating to try and attract swing votes because the evangelical base is not "in the bag".

Obama/? may not be a stellar ticket for some -- but we have *got* to loose ourselves of the neocon hijack that destroyed the Republican party, ruined much of small and medium business for the benefit of a few, strained relationships with some of our strongest allies, and got thousands and thousands of people killed.

I *know* McCain's record, behavior, and who he surrounds himself with --- I've watched him since the 1980s. He's *not* the answer...