Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-14, 12:44   Link #463
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
There was an interesting poll around saying:
what would the next major world war be fought over?
- food
- oil
- water
- religion

I initially picked 'food' since with the recent recession here, however with all the related news on britians poverty levels rising, esp on fuel poverty (utilitiy bills) it may be 'oil' after all.
fuel strikes

On one note, i swear the UK must be the worst (or best?) country for union striking, (remembers her lecturers striking in her final year of uni, to the point all final exams were delayed in terms of marking and classes cancelled) We're so used to tube strikes in London, we grumble shrug it off and move on, whereas in other countries (like japan) they can't even begin to imagine such a thing, lol.

On other note, seeing two petrol strikes/run out of petrol twice in my lifetime is concerning somewhat...

On a lighter note, on my way to work this morning, the bus had to stop for 5 mins to allow room for a procession of beautiful groomed horses, people in royal gear and like gleaming cannons and stuff to walk down the road by.
Kinda figured out what it was all for now...
queen 2nd birthday
if there are any aussies in here, confirm with me, you got a national holiday related to this correct?

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia