View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 16:37   Link #88
suguru
京都 ikitai~

The fanservice level in the first episode was pretty off the charts--the school uniforms looked like something Onsokumaru would design, and I can't wait to hear the explanation for why everyone has to be down to their underwear with no pants when they're flying. I think the first four minutes was trying to tie Agent Aika for most panty shots per second.

Still, I think the story has some potential, the action sequences were pretty good, and it's an interesting enough cast I'll give it a few more episodes at least. Normally, I hate CG in anime, but they did a decent job mixing it in with the regular animation--sure, the CG invaders stand out a little, but you could say they're supposed to. It'll be interesting to see what kind of backstory we get on Mio and all the other characters--it's a pretty big cast for a one-cour series.

The video quality on the BOST version does look pretty good, although the BOST logo watermark at the top right of the screen is a little annoying given I paid $3 for it, but fortunately it's not too noticeable.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote