View Single Post
Old 2008-07-03, 23:29   Link #97
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by phishn37 View Post
Well, this is a first. I've never seen a show that, in order to avoid having to animate skirts flipping up, just chose to eliminate them all together. So no matter what position these girls are in, there is always a panty shot. Becuase, of course, it's normal to have a shirt and underwear as a uniform. Oh, and why on earth were the cat ears and tail neccesary?

Sorry for the rant ~ ! In a bit of a bad mood. The loli-fanservice kinda ruined this for me. I think I would have enjoyed it otherwise. The animation is fluid and full of movement, and the chara-designs are basic and not too over-the-top. The action scene in the begginning was satisfying (excluding the crotch zoom-ups) and the music wasn't bad either. I also liked the character with the eyepatch. She was a tsundere-like person without being too bitchy or cold.

I'm really not sure if I'll watch any further than this. All in all, this could be a high-quality show if it didn't resort to ecchi elements.
It seems some people went into this series without any knowledge of mecha musume. I will refer you to wiki to gain a better understanding of the character design here 'Mecha Musume Wiki page

For some figurine viewing, while it was posted back on the OVA thread, here's a link:

http://www.konami.jp/th/menu/index_mecha.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiki
Mecha musume are a recent trend in Japanese anime fandom. In Japanese usage the word mecha can refer to any kind of mechanical device such as a gun or a robot. In the case of Mecha musume they are specifically personifications of military hardware
Quote:
The clothing worn by mecha musume varies considerably. Besides military uniforms various anime-themes are also common, such as school swimsuits, seifuku, maid outfits and shinto shrine maiden dresses. The dress can sometimes help identify the military system. A shrine maiden's dress means the girl represents a Japanese aircraft or ship, usually from World War II. Various other anime themes are often incorporated, with animal ears being particularly common.
its nice to see Miyuki Sawashiro play the snobbish (the rich girl attitude), its like listening to shinku and Reika again .
Chiwa Saito always make the show more fun to watch with her in it.
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote