View Single Post
Old 2008-07-18, 17:29   Link #618
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Look understanding doesn't make it more, you know "fun" nor does it enhance the experience. Hearing the axed a key person from the development just makes it sound worse. :x
If you can't realize how understanding how something came to be can help you better understand why it happened and what exactly it is, then you really should not say anything else about things except for "I (don't) like it". You're barring yourself from any possible deeper analysis.

Quote:
I am a SE hater because they have money and power to lead the RPG genre where the fuck they want, and as I see what they are doing now, they are killing what RPG stood for when Gary Gygax has written Dungeons & Dragons.
Read this to better understand why "RPGs" in Japan are the way they are, and why they came to be. As for the RPG title for Japanese games, it's nothing more than a misnomer. SE is not responsible for that, nor it is in my opinion a valid reason to ignore their games as they stand by themselves. Western (arguably "true") CRPGs are doomed to failure as long as they keep on using an object which can't understand more than the most basic dichotomy (a computer) when producing an output, which is pitiful when rivaled to the most complex structure to have ever existed--the human brain.

If people are too idiotic to understand what a true RPG means, then they should stay that way.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote