View Single Post
Old 2008-07-21, 08:52   Link #228
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ras80 View Post
Well, its great to have feedback and I can assure you no bad feelings. :') I think we can work more on the interface but I think its still good to have something, more than mere table design (2-3 mb pages). Who told you we are not using anidb data ? :'), check http://fansub.animanga.gen.tr/addscreenshot Anime Name: and Group Name: Fields. Enter a few characters and the rest is automatically populated by anidb. My only regret is that we could not get the file database from them (i don't like parsing but maybe you can share your script with us, eheh), with that more things would be easier and error proof :\
Yes, I just noticed it now... But, my thought was to parse through all the group names on AniDB to get all the abbreviations -- maybe spend about a week on it because you don't want to hammer the site. Then after the anime is entered, you can obtain the group's names by displaying all the group names there directly from anidb site. And link to "Show All" to get all the groups subbing for that project. Alternatively, have user to select which groups to go... And then link it to anidb page if the user doesn't know what the group is.

The only problem with getting groups per episode will require you to login to do so on anidb... But, you don't really want to do that, so it will be impossible...
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote