Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-02, 16:08   Link #313
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Code Geass R2 was doing just fine in the beginning, until they introduced way too many characters and way too much side plots that ultimately distorted the series in its entirety. Besides, how many Geass episodes were fillers? Many.

Macross could suffer from the same problems. Moreover, just exactly how we are going to continue Frontier's story? Which character should we focus on? Certainly many of us, and I suspect, fans in Japan are near the breaking point of exhaustion from the triangle.

- Tak
As for the story, that is very easy. Keep Galaxy as the threat in the shadows until this season ends, let them make their move in the last episode. The Vajra go bye-bye in a hail of Dimension Eaters, Frontier narrowly escapes.

Next season itīs full-out war between humans and cyborgs, with the whole Macross universe getting involved. If that seems a bit on the big scale, the Zentraedi wiped out 99% of humanity in the original series.

As for where the characters could go... thatīs where it gets a bit more difficult. The triangle should by any means be resolved this season, so itīs not unreasonable to introduce a bunch of new characters for the next season.

Or focus on secondary characters like Klan, who has a pretty big following already.
Spoiler for Spoilers:
, so the obvious choice is to keep Alto and Sheryl more in the background, and let Ranka get into another love triangle, after she finally has grown up some ( in all senses ).

Introduce some more characters from the other fleets, because weīd probably see things first from the pure human side.

As for where music comes in, let the cyborgs be pretty emotionless ( y'know, like Brera, but even less emotional ) and the right kind of music helps them recover their humanity, so that we get a Macross solution to the conflict by seasons end.

This was now all a bit incoherent, but I need to get to bed and didnīt have much time to put my thoughts in order. If you so desire, I can write it down a bit more organized tomorrow evening. ^^