Thread: Macross - Q & A
View Single Post
Old 2008-09-02, 21:20   Link #316
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
I duno R2 is pretty good,I mean its no worse than MF wondering between stupid random SOL moments, I think R2 would ave been better if they add more story to the sub plots and padded the 2X show by 10ish eps.

Then again the trouble with filler its either good or horrible...
Episode 19 ~ 21 has some of the worst pacing in a popular anime franchise. It took only 5 minutes before big bro convinced the Black Knights (which consist of morons in its entirety) that Lulu is supposedly evil. Never mind that the BKs never even bothered giving Lulu a chance for an explanation and wanted to execute him on the spot. Do the Black Knights lack basic, proper logical intelligence, or what?

Then it took just one episode for a huge unsurprising revelation, a recycled Destiny Plan, M. Bison/Shining Finger and Lulu's seat on the Imperial throne. All in just 20 minutes minus the opening and ending credits. Are you catching your breath? Me too.

And what of Lulu himself? This guy is a recycled Reinhard from Legend of the Galactic Heroes (an epic series that no one should miss), complete with some form of sister complex, an unofficial asexual, and has a preference for red-haired best friend/aide de camp.

Never mind that they had the same goal, a goal spawned from their upbringing, and as of right now, Lulu just accomplished what Reinhard thought was his life-long ambition. Although big bro is hardly Lulu's Yang Wen-Li.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2008-09-02 at 22:01.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote