View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 02:51   Link #802
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langus View Post
Unless you are suggesting that she is the only character who hasn't increased their powers and their control over them throughout the series, than why can't we, as fans, expect her to be and act stronger than she is now? I'm not saying she has to own shit, just contribute more than she has. Put up a fight. The Ulquiorra slap was great! Why can't we have more of THAT from her?
She is trying to improve, since she asked Hachigen to repair Tsubaki and train her and if I'm not mistaken she trained with Rukia as well for a bit. But Hachigen said there's only so much she can do with that type of power. That sais to me, no matter how hax or overpowered her abilities may sound in theory, Kubo doesn't have any plans to make her a serious factor on the battlefield any time soon.

When she slapped Ulquiora she was trembling in fear and she only did that because he pushed her over the edge. That fact is that Orihime is scarred shitless for what will happen to her and for the lives of her friends. Orihime just doesn't have the ego or self-pride of Tatsuki or Rukia. Those traits were never aspects of her personality to begin with.