View Single Post
Old 2008-09-06, 08:41   Link #814
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asam_laksa View Post
Hhmm, .....I'm not sure......there were two incidences....the one with Grand Cero and the other one were the five missiles, in which one missile could tumble destroy a long tower/building.. The first one, the one with Grand Cero was aimed at Orihime and Nelle, since earlier Ichigo was able to defect Grimmjaw's normal Cero....while the second one, the flying missiles had accidentally went to them, if Ichigo had not evaded the missiles and taken them, I think there wouldn't be so dramatic and thankless rescue scene, don't you think?

Anyway, she had never expected herself to be the sitting duck throughout the whole GrimmjawxIchigo fight. Ichigo suggested that they should move somewhere else to fight, and somehow the fight ended up near them. Was Orihime expecting Grimmjaw to shoot Grand Ray Cero at her and Nelle? Was she hoping the released Grimmjaw to shoot missile at her? Nope.

Bear in mind, that not only were they very destructively strong, ie able to decimate thngs easily......the Grand Ray Cero and the missiles were very fast, Ichigo had to move faster than the speed of light in order to counter them. With that two factors in mind, speed and strong destructive capabilities, do you think Orihime would be able to protect herself and Nell, if Ichigo had not step in?

But hey, you can always choose to look at my simple, pragmatic Bleach perspective, "Kubo Tite ALWAYS MAKE Ichigo protect Orihime ALWAYS because KUROSAKI ICHIGO is the main Bleach character and hero" I don't know when can Kubo Tite make my goddess Orihime strong as Yoruichi/Rukia.

I suppose Langus's definition of 'strong' female is someone who would put up a fight, without depending on others.....not the 'strong woman' type that Ulquiorra had used on Orihime.

Tatsuki was trained from dojo since she was a small kid. Karin, Yuzu's other twin mingles with pansy boys at her age and has a brother and father like Ichigo and Isshin. Orihime had been taken care by only her older gentle brother and had not learnt karate until Tatsuki trained her.

Alright, I'll compare Orihime with Tatsuki and Karin. But I'll compare Orihime from the beginning when she had no power at all, with Tatsuki and Karin who at this moment had no spiritual power, except the ability to see hollows. Orihime was 'killed' by AcidWire, her spirit/ghost was what that was left from her body. Orihime's ghost, eventhough she was afraid and confused, not knowing what was happening tried to help save Tatsuki. Even then, even after being stabbed to death, squeezed/strangled to death, she bravely faced her 'hollow' brother (after knowing that the hollow was her brother) and hugged him, despite the sharp gnaw teeth her dead brother gave her.

Tatsuki, not being able to see ghosts at the first time when AcidWire attacked......was confused and afraid,......what did she do?.....she fainted.

Was Karin any better than Orihime? I doubt so, when she saw GrandFisher, did she behave her strong self and protected Yuzu from GrandFisher? Didn't she too shake in fear and got herself caught by GrandFisher?

People tend to fear things they don't understand, eventhough they are offensively strong.
That's a good post; it delves into the core of her character, but what most people are vexed about is her lack of emotional development/stability. She has made little progress in that regard , which is the fuel for her weapon's strength. This, I would say is moreso KT's fault than hers, but as I mentioned before, I believe Orihime is going to be a series-prolonging device. A fair amount of people don't hate Orihime straight off the bat, they just don't appreciate how she failed to progress in resolve in terms of fighting after going through so much with everyone else.
I myself am frustrated with her progress, and I adore Orihime . I have the patience to watch her slowly metamorphose; for people who aren't really that fond of her and also to a lesser extent some neutral people, she could might as well die. You gave good points explaining why she is the way she is, but most people still see that as an excuse because other people went through hardships and changed to be stronger. Orhime just needs more time and help not because she's apathetic, but because of her character.