View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 19:35   Link #2756
yamibakura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I'm sure it will get resolved. Just not the way people would hope.

Picture this. Kallen finds Lelouch dying in the last ep. He opens up to her and confesses his whole plan to unite the world, and how after Shirley he didn't want her involved so he pushed her away. She says the gum line. He tells her he's not worthy of her love but in another time and place he would have enjoyed it. Then Lelouch dies, happy to finally be in place where no one can manipulate or use him anymore. The history only remembers him as the one who nearly destroyed the world and who the world stood up to defeat ushering in a new age of prosperity. Only Kallen knows that Lelouch was the true hero of the story who repaired the corruption in the world.
If Lelouch was able to say that to Kallen I'd be satisfied because the whole thing would then be out in the open between them. The only wrench I can think of is Lelouch dying. CC wanting Lelouch to live comes to mind. If she doesn't feel the need to have him live anymore being that the SOA plot is defeated, what is her relevance past episode 21? She is still around.

Unfortunately when it was said that Lelouch would have a "satisfying" ending, it was probably meant to be vague. The word satisfying is so vague that one could interpret its implications in different ways. Light, dark, good evil, shades of gray, isolation, commemoration, just plain being human, a pairing, or no pairing.

I should probably note that I'm a major CC/K fan. When I first watched season 1 I was crazy about CC. Still am, but after watching the episodes 24-25 and the opening to them I was like, "!@#@#$%#$" Kallen. You're amazing. Well I've always liked them both really. ^^

Edit: Actually I might be able to almost visualize that in the credits. Almost. I'm hoping Lelouch won't loose anymore dear to him. I don't know what to say about Nunally. We have to wait for her story.