View Single Post
Old 2008-09-26, 23:14   Link #119
Tri-ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Au contraire. It's possible to both stabilize Wall Street and to throw bunches of executives in prison. Then again, I'm not sure if using hundreds of billions of dollars to stabilize Wall Street is a desirable goal. In fact, I think that American taxpayers are sort of lucky that the Republicans rejected the Dodd plan. The longer Congress to work out the different options and fully understand the consequences of what they're doing, the better it is for everyone involved.
I think it is pre-mature and even naive to think a case can be devloped against the present wallstreet fiasco.
The present investment banking system is based on creating profit on investments and as long as they follow anti-trust rules and regulations they are able to basically invest on what ever they want.
Investing in this case is more like betting utilizing probability models but how ever good the models is it still cannot anticipate dynamic changes that had not happened before.
It's like saying you are using too much carbon fuel AFTER realizing global warming is occuring.
It's too late in pointing fingers. The only thing you can do is repent, learn from your mistakes and develop better regulations so it will not happen again.
Tri-ring is offline   Reply With Quote