View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 17:56   Link #1550
jayohkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayohkay View Post
I registered so I can get this out of my system. Also, I haven't read through all the pages in this thread so forgive me if I'm effectively repeating another's observation.

Remember when Lelouch geassed Nunnally? His right hand motion after he takes off his contacts suggests that he threw them away after committing the geass. (~7m30s) Soon afterwards, he shows the palm of his right hand directly to the audience. (~7m35s)

Keeping that in mind, flash foward to when Nunnally hands Lelouch the trigger. His eyes aren't showing the bird-like sigils. (~7m52s) In other words, Lelouch has used his geass powers to the point where he has acquired the code for immortality. Granted, the method was different from the code transfer from V.V to Emperor Charles and that nun to C.C. But because the power of Geass largely remains to be a mysterious and unexplainable force, there's no telling what are the requirements for "ascension". If it is true that he has gained the code for immortality, then he no longer has the power of the kings, which easily explains why he did not cast geass on his prisoners. (But you could argue that he didn't have a reason to, since Zero Requiem)

I took particular interest in the fact that Lelouch's last geass cast was something that the victim (Nunnally) couldn't absolutely accept. I assume that this type of cast would be more taxing on the caster but I digress.

Lastly, you cannot really say my observation is outrageous because Lelouch actually indeed show you the palm of his hand. That bit really bothered the hell out of me. Another bothersome part was when the ending purposely showed the driver. The reason why it bothered me quite a bit was because I got the impression that the camera was making sure that the face is not revealed. With all of that in mind, it seems in the end that the ending was all planned out for the audience to pick up and start questioning if Lelouch actually dies in the end or not. In that case, well done Sunrise.

Keikaku doori, amirite?
ugh, I get the feeling that my post was usurped beyond oblivion. Sorry for quoting myself, but I really need some comments on my observation.
jayohkay is offline   Reply With Quote